New Visitor

Deleting Multiple DVR programs/Bulk Deleting

I've searched the messages without finding one in which this question has been asked, though I find that hard to believe.  Is there a way to bulk delete DVR recorded programs.  We record the same kids programs for my son each day and since he likes to watch them over and over, don't delete them right away.  Eventually, we want to delete a bunch of programs at once, but can't find a way to do it.

Is this possible with the Comcast DVR?  If so, how is it done?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Deleting Multiple DVR programs/Bulk Deleting

Well, that's a question I haven't seen before.  I can't find any reference to bulk deletion in any of the iGuide references, but you might try setting those programs as "delete when space is needed" and just keep them until the disk fills up and the oldest ones start disappearing.  Of course, you'd have to be sure all your other programs were marked to be kept until you delete them, and mark any specific episodes he loves as "keep". 

See this manual.

Q.Does the DVR automatically delete programs when the record space is full?
A. Only if you set it up that way. The DVR will automatically delete programs if you tell it to do so by setting the programs to be deleted when space is needed.When the record space is full, the oldest recordings that you have set to be deleted, will be deleted first. If you do not want the DVR to automatically delete certain recordings, you can set them so that they are only deleted by you.

(Actually, TiVo works this way normally and they don't even bother to tell you how much disk space you have remaining.  Until a program is replaced because its space is needed, you can even recover it after you've manually "deleted" it.  It's a bit hard to get used to that, but once you do it seems natural.)

Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

MTET12 wrote:

I've searched the messages without finding one in which this question has been asked, though I find that hard to believe.  Is there a way to bulk delete DVR recorded programs.  We record the same kids programs for my son each day and since he likes to watch them over and over, don't delete them right away.  Eventually, we want to delete a bunch of programs at once, but can't find a way to do it.

Is this possible with the Comcast DVR?  If so, how is it done?

this is coming :smileyhappy: i have seen and tested it. i dont have eta. a guess would be late this year.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

If it were my choice, I wouldn't assign a very high priority to this one -- especially not at the expense of any other feature addition. 
Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

WarEagle57 wrote:
If it were my choice, I wouldn't assign a very high priority to this one -- especially not at the expense of any other feature addition. 

it was a two part feature when i tested. the series are being put into folders which will allow for the bulk delete.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Folders are good.
New Visitor
guddisan

I am also looking for this feature.  The messages mention the feature being tested in 2009...we are in 2011 and dont see that feature yet.  I switched from DirecTV to Comcast about few months back.  Comcast DVR features are way behind DirecTV.  The ease of navigation, features like bulk delete, ability to have the buffer for more than 15 minutes etc etc etc.  Really disappointed:-((

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

there is no bulk delete.  If you have folders in the motorola market you can go to dvr clean up and just check off the programs to delete and then delete them.  It is sort of a bulk delete but not really.  Its more like in your email clicking the check box and then clicking delete and they are all gone.