New Visitor
Larry747

Digital Transport Adapter Costs

The Comcast material introducing the requirement for the new DTA for analog sets connected directly to cable states that an account may connect three (3) sets using the provided DTA box at "No Additional Cost"

Why did Comcast then notify me that there would be an additional charge of $1.99 for the third set.

Please Advise .... thanks

Larry

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Digital Transport Adapter Costs

A third free one would be a regular digital box for former analog subscribers converting to digital.  If you already have such a box you won't get a free third one.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Larry747 wrote:

The Comcast material introducing the requirement for the new DTA for analog sets connected directly to cable states that an account may connect three (3) sets using the provided DTA box at "No Additional Cost"

Why did Comcast then notify me that there would be an additional charge of $1.99 for the third set.

Please Advise .... thanks

Larry

Larry, Have you called 1 800-comcast & asked?

I did find this information for you:  it looks like the number you can get free is based on the service you have.  I would call Comcast and let them clarify the number you are entitled to free, based on your service..

Will I pay more for my cable services with the Comcast Digital Migration?

Most customers will not see a change in their bill.  We will provide Expanded Basic subscribers with one set-top box and up to two Digital Adapters at no additional monthly service charge. 

Digital Starter subscribers already have at least one set-top box in their home, and therefore, may receive up to two Digital Adapters at no additional monthly service charge.

In markets where the Limited Basic channel lineup is also being migrated to all digital, Limited Basic subscribers may order up to three Digital Adapters at no additional monthly service charge.

Additional Digital Adapters are available for less than $2.00 per month (Prices may vary. Excludes any applicable equipment taxes).

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

I two received my two DTA's "at no additional charge" from Comcast in May 2010. The first was to enable me to continue using my SlingBox, and the second was to enable picture-in-picture on my TV.  In my January 2013 bill they started charging me $1.99 for each.  I called them and told them that "at no additional charge" is just that - no additional charge, and to start charging me after 30 months is poor business ethics. The customer support person, kept going back and forth with a "supervisor."  I was put on hold several times and was told to review the six-page price adjustment information with the 42 footnotes.  That document shows adapters for up to three outlets at no charge, but for Limited Basic only. Huh? So I ask, if I reduce my service from Digital Starter at $69.95 to Limited Basic at $24.60, my two adapters will be free? Huh?  With that she took the $3.98 charge off my January bill and gave me a $10 credit.  I hope I don't have to repeat the process again next month.  Time to rethink Comcast for TV.

Recognized Contributor
Sevebp

Just unfair Comcast is getting greedy  now that they own NBC Universal and programming from USA, Telemundo and the Weather Channel just to name a few channels.   Comcast needs to recover their money invested,  They claim the DTA boxes were fixes for those who had older televisions but needed to convert the signal to digital these boxes are limited and were suppose to be free up to two DTA boxes and one main DCT box.  

Now some are being charged $1.99 per box and I am sure by the end of 2013 we all will be paying these outrageous fees.  We get less channels  depending on the tier we have and have to pay more each month while the quality of the programming from these networks  some owned now by Comcast continues to deteriorate,

Just plain greed.

Steve

New Visitor
insane13

I just realized as of January 2013 I am being chgd 1.99 each for their dta boxes that I thought would be free.