Contributor

Digital adapter remote turns "off" but not "on"

[ Edited ]

Programming of digital adapter successful but power button will not turn tv back on after turning off. Philips tv.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Digital adapter remote turns "off" but not "on"

Is this a Magnavox or Philips TV?

Contributor

Philips TV solution, please

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Press the vol+ button right before the on/off button should take care of it.

Philips / Magnavox uses a different code for on and a different code for off, unlike most other Mfr's.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tried vol + before power on but still won't power back on. I have to use my regular Philips remote to turn tv back on

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

Try the "enter" button before power on the left of the "0" or try a different Philips code from the manual for the remote.

Screen Shot 2013-02-08 at 8.41.00 PM.png

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried all the codes. Still not able to power on. The code that worked to power off is 11866. The enter button before power on does not work.

Contributor

Re: DTA Remote won't turn on Philips Magnavox 19PR15 TV

Does not work

Contributor

Digital adapter remote for Philips/Magnaxox TV powers off but not on

Tired of Comcast problems. I have a remote for a digital adapter that will power off but not on. I have tried ALL the codes for Philips/Magnavox TVs; "enter" before power on/off; CH+ before power on/off. Experienced the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service I ever received from Comcast when my cable was cut in error by a Comcast tech who was checking problems for another address and cut my cable wire instead;  I spent two days trying to get my service back on when it should have been top priority. You would have thought I was asking for a special favor by the runaround I got.

Does anyone know anything about Uverse?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Digital adapter remote for Philips/Magnaxox TV powers off but not on

Uverse interface is better and they have wireless boxes, and you cannot use some little adapter there you need a regular cable box.  CS seems to be about the same if you read their boards.

Contributor

Re: Digital adapter remote for Philips/Magnaxox TV powers off but not on

Thanks very much...

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

From the DTA manual. The old instructions listed 990 and were also for the larger DVR universal remotes.

CAN’T FIND YOUR CODE?

If you can’t program your remote using the codes on the back, follow the steps below.

1. Turn on your TV.

2. On your remote, hold

SET until the red light flashes twice, then release.

3. Enter

9-9-1 and the red light will flash twice.

4. Press

CH+ multiple times until the TV turns off.

5. Once the TV turns off, press

SET.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried 9-9-1 AND 9-9-0. I pressed CH+ over 200 times and the tv never turned off.

The code that works is 11866. But it won't turn TV back on. Only the old philips remote will turn back on. 

Contributor

I tried 9-9-1 AND 9-9-0. I pressed CH+ over 200 times and the tv never turned off.

The code that works is 11866. But it won't turn TV back on. Only the old philips remote will turn back on. 

New Visitor

I have a Philips TV as well and is does power off after following the enter codes procedure. BUT will not power on unless I press another key first and than the power button. I see that your model this would not work. If your TV remote has the setup button to be able to program another device to control you could program the DCT or DTA box to be controlled by your own TV remote, you can also buy a 3rd party remote that has that option for about 10-20 bucks. Try these codes for the DTA codes to pgm into the either your TV remote or 3rd party remote 01376, 00476, 00810, 01187, 01254. Comcast website or representative can give you these. I hope this works for you.