New Visitor
bev1244

Digital converter boxes will not work for months now

So this is the third time I've had to return cable boxes for our bedrooms. I haven't had cable in our upstairs bedrooms for months! Now I have a family of seven cramming around one TV in the living room and I'm still being charged for cable I can't even use. The boxes just blink green. They will not activate and I've tried dozens of time. Re-connecting the wires, calling, trying online. One rep even said we were given broken boxes. Once again.. back to the Comcast office for yet more boxes. At the comcast office I was told a tech could come out but I would be charged. Charged.. Why!? I've already been paying for cable I can't use.

Is there anything I can do to get these boxes activated? I'm very frustrated! Even my husband who can pretty much fix anything can't seem to fix this issue. On Demand rarely works either. 
This is on my last nerve! I can't wait to move at the first of the year. I'm switching providers for sure.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Re: Digital converter boxes will not work for months now

It sounds more like a signal problem than a bad box problem. Boxes will not activate  without a good signal. Did these outlets ever work? Have you added splitters? Checked the splitter you have?

If you don't know how to  check them yourself, you will have to get comcast to do it (yuk).

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Try moving your working Comcast box to one of the upstairs locations and see if it works.  If it does then you either have a bad box(es) or the information at Comcast does not match your failing box(es).  If it doesn't work then you probably have a bad signal at that location and need to replace or enhance your wiring to that location (including possible adding an RF amp if the problem is due to a low signal strength that Comcast can't/won't increase)..

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

bev1244 wrote:

So this is the third time I've had to return cable boxes for our bedrooms. I haven't had cable in our upstairs bedrooms for months! Now I have a family of seven cramming around one TV in the living room and I'm still being charged for cable I can't even use. The boxes just blink green. They will not activate and I've tried dozens of time. Re-connecting the wires, calling, trying online. One rep even said we were given broken boxes. Once again.. back to the Comcast office for yet more boxes. At the comcast office I was told a tech could come out but I would be charged. Charged.. Why!? I've already been paying for cable I can't use.

Is there anything I can do to get these boxes activated? I'm very frustrated! Even my husband who can pretty much fix anything can't seem to fix this issue. On Demand rarely works either. 
This is on my last nerve! I can't wait to move at the first of the year. I'm switching providers for sure.

Apologies for the issue that you described. I have opened a ticket on your account and you should be hearing from someone in our MA office who can assist with troubleshooting.

As others have posted above, the issue could be signal related (not box related) and we may need to get a technician out to your home to review and adjust your signal levels. You won't be charged if the issue is determined to be outside of your home.

Thanks for your patience.   

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

New Visitor
skoch62

I am having this exact same issue in both upstairs bedrooms. When I called a couple months ago, they told me to take in connecting box to replace it because it was old. I took it in to my local Comcast and they said the box was not old and that I had the most current one. She did replace it though with the exact same box. I took it back home and got a connection for a month or so, now they are not working again for the last week.  One box blinks green and the other is out.  My main TV in living room works fine.  Very frustrating!

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

skoch62 wrote:

I am having this exact same issue in both upstairs bedrooms. When I called a couple months ago, they told me to take in connecting box to replace it because it was old. I took it in to my local Comcast and they said the box was not old and that I had the most current one. She did replace it though with the exact same box. I took it back home and got a connection for a month or so, now they are not working again for the last week.  One box blinks green and the other is out.  My main TV in living room works fine.  Very frustrating!

Apologies for the issue that you described above. I have opened a ticket on your issue and someone from our team should be contacting you directly to resolve. Thanks for your patience.