Contributor
jacktrude

Google TV

I am using Google TV-Logitech and Xfinity TV will not work. Any ideas?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Google TV

You might try the Logitech forum.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Jack, you posted a duplicate of this post in Networking. I have removed that post because you included your email address.

Do not  Post personal information in the forums

Please do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe. This includes:

• Your full name 
  • Your telephone number
  • Your Physical/Mailing Address
  • Email addresses
  • Credit Card numbers
  • Account numbers
  •  Other personally identifiable information

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
jacktrude

It is not a Logitech problem. It is coming down to Comcast compatibility. Google TV works fine except Hulu and Xfinity TV.

Contributor
jacktrude

Why can a large company like Comcast not come up with a fix for this?

New Visitor
cbild1

Comcast tells me that they have not blocked Google TV intentionally.  They said that you need Adobe Flash to view videos.  Maybe the Logitech Revue does not have Adobe Flash on it.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Logitech Revue w/ Google TV and there is something you may not be aware of as it comes to videos.

As far as videos goes, you cannot view videos on a lot of the major networks websites and Hulu from a Google TV enabled device because of the networks and content providers having issues with Google's practices as it relates to rebroadcasting of copywritten material (especially since Google owns YouTube)

Places like Hulu and the Xfinity Online On Demand service more than likely don't store their programs on their servers, but are merely a pass through to the content provider directly who has thier services programmed to refuse access to Google TV devices.