New Visitor
clover25

Green Screen

Am having TV screen problems. While watching TV from Comcast Cable, TV screen has been turning fully green and does not have a picture.  Sound goies in and out. Any ideas?

Regular Contributor
Forums1

Re: Green Screen

[ Edited ]

CLOVER25

We have a sony 50" sxrd TV with a HD box and a couple of times while pressing the remote control buttons our screen went completely green . I think they got out of sink with each other. I turned off both the TV and HD box and unpluged the HD box for a couple of minutes and that seemed to take care of it .

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

that is usually caused by an hdmi incompatibility issue.  To test hook up component and see if it goes away, see if there is an update for your tv's firmware.  restarting the box or tv usually does the trick.

Visitor

I'm currently have the same issue. I've been looking for answers and seem to come up empty. The Skype set top box works fine with any other device except when I turn my AV receiver to my DVR. The only way I can get it to work with my DVR is not run it through my AV receiver. If it was a problem with my receiver than it would not work with apple TV, xbox or blu ray player and if it was my DVR it wouldn't work when I only hook up DVR to Skype box than skype box to TV. It seems its a firmware issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Start with the firmware, that's between you and the TV Mfg. HDMI can be very finicky, run it directly to the TV. It's a handshaking thing.

Visitor

Just picking your brain. If it was a firmware update with my TV why would it work with all other HDMI connected devices running through my receiver or work when my DVR isnt ran through my reciever. The only device that has a issue is the DVR when connected to my receiver. I agree with you HDMI can be a bear with the handshaking. Thanks for you post and reply....

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

I was just quoting you "it seems like a firmware issue" At least check the TV Mfg. website and see if one is available. Comcast DVR's have their own set of problems. Not alot you can do about that.

New Visitor
mistyk30

I've hd the same issue I thought It was my Tv. But had the T.V checked its not the tv.
Official Employee
ComcastTeds