Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: HD cable box with HDMI connection - How do I get one?

For Cisco area's it a Cisco RNG150 for HD and a Cisco RNG200 for a HD DVR.

For Motorola area's it's a Motorola DCX3200 or DCX3200P2 (RNG150) and a Motorola DCX3400.  For AnyRoom DVR's they either use the DCX3400M or the new DCX3501 (RNG200).

Rarely some will get a AnyRoom capable DVR without getting the AnyRoom service.

New Visitor
04blue06

Re: HD cable box with HDMI connection - How do I get one? Good question?

Promised a hdmi receiver when I signed up but turned out it wasn't to be. That & poor service (no service 50% of this time) in the 10 days since I signed are making the return to satillite service appear to be my best option. Told them today I was only going to wait till Thursday which makes two weeks then it's adios.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will get your issues resolved to your satisfaction.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team.  With Monday being a holiday, there might be a delay on a response.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor
lasdrogas

How can Comcast charge me an additional fee for an HD signal and have technicians installing boxes without HDMI connectivity? I am fortunate my TV has yet to be delivered. Not too happy about paying for services I am not receiving. I hope someone from this forum can help me out by sending me an HD box with HDMI connectivity. Not sure why I paid for a technician I ultimately didn't need and who didn't have the proper equipment, as pleasant as he may have been.

Thanks

New Visitor

I'm also in need of upgrading my HD DVR box to one with an HDMI port. Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

New Visitor

I just got an HD converter box and notice it was really slow and does not record very many shows.  I was just going to unhook the one I have now and bring it to the service center but it sounds like it is much harder than that to get an hdmi one.  Is anyone from comcast still monitoring this forum?  What is the best way to get one and is there a way to check before going all the way to ther cervice center?

New Visitor
ITSBdMbr

I've had HD for more than two years in our downstairs location and component cables don't bother me much there because the cables are in an entertainment center on which the TV sits (although it does make it difficult if not impossible to use Xfinity on-demand).  We got an HD TV for Christmas for upstairs and when I swapped out the older upstairs box for HD I was told by the service center that "we don't have any HDMI boxes".  When I went to Best Buy to get some shorter component cables, the sales people laughed and told me that Comcast technicians had the HDMI boxes on their trucks (why - they didn't explain) and that I was paying for HD but wouldn't be getting HD quality (which I have since confirmed).

I called customer service yesterday and was told there was no way that I could find out if HDMI boxes were available at my local store other than to disconnect the component cable box and take it in on the chance that one might be available.  I'm going to do that today and continue to do it everyday until I get lucky I guess.  The component cables keep the new flat screen (which is wall mounted) from sitting level on the wall so I have to get HDMI (one cable and it connects to a port on the TV that will allow it to sit flat on the wall instead of angled toward the ceiling).  I really don't understand the problem with HDMI box availability and the lack of any means of obtaining one simply without such a struggle.

New Visitor

That is so ridiculous in this day and age when they should have an online inventory and be able to look it up very easily.  I will try getting one a couple of times but after that I will change over to directv.  It's not ike there is a really close service center to me and I can just pop over.  If they will not provide good customer service then I have no problem changing to directv that can provide me with what I want.  It isn't like we pay pennies for this service either.

New Visitor
mansssasman

I too feel your sense of frustration, Folks.  I have been a Comcast customer for just over a week, having switched from DirecTv/Verizon, mostly to gain more internet speed.  FIOS not available in my area.  

Anyhow, I now have an HD recorder in my family room, and it's just fine.  But, the Scientific Atlanta EXPLORER 3250 HD receiver for my other TV only has connectivity for an old-fashioned RCA 5-strand array which looks as if it could be used as a sash for a geezer Sumo wrestler from Texas (it's white, you see).  The only thing missing is a longhorn belt buckle.  The blasted thing looks like it could be used as a jumper cable for a stalled Boeing 747.  I can't believe that this is the latest technology available from Comcast !  I can't seem to be able to get anyone from Comcast to tell me straight out if they have something more up-to-date available.  I don't want to have a recorder in here, just a receiver.  

Additionally, do we really HAVE TO have a combination modem/router that we must pay $7 a month for, or is something available from Amazon or elsewhere that Comcast would say is compatible with their system and permit us to use ?  Thanks, everyone, for your help.

p.s.  Re: the "Geezer" comment:  Don't anyone get all bent out of shape about it.  I just turned 75 in September.. 

New Visitor
ITSBdMbr

Well the stars must have aligned because when I walked into the store they had an HDMI box available.  Of course, it took a couple of calls and resending the signal to get it up and running, but I'm glad I have it in place of the compenent cables.

New Visitor
krw805

How do I get a HDMI box?  I don't want to unhook my box then chance going all the way to a store and waiting for service only to find there are no boxes available.  Comcast, why not allow people to sign up and get a call when they are available?  Does that make too much sense? 

New Visitor

Believe me I hear you!!  Comcast touts such great customer service but there is NONE when it comes to this.  Why there inventory isn't automated is beyond me.  We should be able to log on somewhwere and see what inventory they have for a particular service center or like you said get on a list and have them call or email you when one is available.  Horrible customer service when it comes to this.

New Visitor
mansssasman

I'm a new customer, and have a Scientific Atlanta 3250HD receiver, which has NO HDMI connectivity.    Does Comcast have a newer model HD receiver, but not a recorder, than this ?  I am limited for space, so if there is such a piece of equipment, can someone furnish me with its dimensions, please? I do need one with HDMI connectivity.  Thank you.   

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Stop by the local office and see if they have any RNG150 Cisco HD boxes.  It will have HDMI.

New Visitor
mansssasman

Thanks for your advice.  I'm beginning to believe that Comcast is owned by the Marx Brothers, and many of their employees are descendants of The Katzenjammer Kids !  I had an appointment made via phone last Friday for Sunday.  The tech called me Sunday A.M., and asked me what I needed.  (He would have been the FIFTH one from Comcast to attempt to complete my combo installation of TV, phone and internet).  I told him that it would be on his work order sheet.  He said that paper work orders weren't used any move, and all the info would be on his hand-held device.  Strange, for I was then looking at my copy of the work order sheet that the last guyi left on my desk...  When I told him that I needed a modem, he said that he  didn't have one on his truck, and the "warehouse" wasn't open on Sunday.  It never occurs to anyone, I think, that if you know you have to be somewhere for an installation, that SOMEBODY makes it his business to see to it that you have the gear to do your job!  

These people are about as efficient as our national politicians !

Frequent Visitor

Having difficulty obtaining an RNG200N to replace my aging DVR.  Customer Service tells me they can only ship a replacement on a "luck of the draw" basis for a $10 shipping charge.  Multiple visits to the Comcast service center have ranged from total ignorance of the RNG200N to promises of a phone call which have gone unfulfilled.

Any help available here for obtaining an RNG200N?

New Visitor
sadams62

I just called Comcast and requested an HDMI box for neext week.  I was told that they might not be able to deliver me one  I was told the driver might not have one on the truck.  WHY??  I have been a customer for many years, and cant understand.  If comcast shows up to my house without an HDMI box i will switch to AT and T.

New Visitor
gupsachin

[ Edited ]

Very frustrated after 3 visits to local Comcast store in S Mason Road, Katy, TX. I recently activated cable TV service from Comcast. At the time of signing up they did not have any HD boxes in store and gave me a Cisco RNG 100 box which apparently is SD. I did not know then they I am being given a SD box.

After plugging the box, I realized that it was SD. Went to store a couple of days later for exchange and they did not have any stock. Over last 2 weeks I have made total 3 trips to Comcast and everytime I hear that they only have SD boxes or HD boxes with component. No HD boxes with HDMI.

Went there on Saturday 09/07 and they asked me to come after Monday as they were expecting a truck of equipments. Went there today afternoon and once again same reply - sorry we are out of stock! The store is 15 miles from my location and its a big headache to unplug all cables, remove cable ties, move the TV rack and then put them back at the end of the day. Have already done it 3 times now and am really really frustrated. I really want to see HD but not sure about visiting again unless I am sure of availability HD boxes.

How can I ensure that an HD box is available in store? Can someone please help or guide?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

You can email to the we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and they can forward your issue to the local people.

New Visitor
gupsachin

Thanks. Just shot an email to them. Lets see if they respond.

New Visitor
gupsachin

After I sent an email to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com I got a very quick response from Comcast. They called me and discussed the issue. Steven from Comcast was very helpful and he shipped an HD box to me the same day. I received the box yesterday and got it activated. Thank you Comcast for resolving this and for giving us a forum where we can voice our issues.

Thanks @JayInAlg for letting us know about the mail id.