New Visitor
aevgarrett

HDMI Cable Connection Issues - No Signal

I have a Motorola DCX3200M box.  I activated my service on-line.  I tried connecting my cable box to the TV with an HDMI cable and get a no signal error.  I thought it may be the HDMI cable, so I tried a different cable and had the same issue.  I then thought it might be my TV so I connected my DVD player to the TV with a HDMI cable and that worked just fine.  (I used the HDMI cable provided by Comcast and the other one I had at my house and both worked fine.)  I thought one of the HDMI connections on my TV might been bad, so I tried it on the other two HDMI connections on my TV (I have 3 total) and got the same error, but all three work with the DVD player.  I then connected the cable box to the TV using RCA cables (red, yellow, white) and can get cable that way.  I have a splitter and thought that might be the issue so I disconnected the splitter and am still getting the error.   Is the box bad?  What's going on?  Comcast has been of no help at all. Please help!

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: HDMI Cable Connection Issues - No Signal

make sure you are changing your input on the tv to the input that the hdmi cable is on.  If you are doing that try this.

With the box off and the tv on press menu.  That will bring up the box internal menu.  Make sure in there you have the hdmi set to on, and put a check next to the resolution that your tv can display.  You can also adjust the sound options in there also. 

New Visitor
aevgarrett

Hi Rog286713,

Thanks for the reply.  I have done both things you suggested, (checked again just to be on the safe side) but no luck.  :smileysad: 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

also make sure you only have the hdmi cable connected nothing else for an output, the box will only output one video signal.  

New Visitor
aevgarrett

I've only got the HDMI cable hooked up and the coaxial cable in the back of the unit. 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

you sure you have the box on a correct channel that throws a signal and it works with the composite cables?   If so I would call comcast for a box refresh hit.  I never trust that the online system does the box activation correctly.   do you have component cables?  If you do try those, if those work you might have a bad hdmi port, I have nothing else for you past that.

New Visitor
aevgarrett

It works with the composite cables.  I contacted Comcast earlier and they reactivated the box and I have the same issues.  I do not have component cables.  I was thinking the HDMI port was bad in the cable box, but really do not want to go back to the Comcast office AGAIN.  I went earlier today because the first box they gave me was missing some type of card and Comcast told me to come in to exchange it.  They are also closed tomorrow and closed for the day today.   Sigh...  :smileysad:  I can see why people get so frustrated with cable companies.  I do appreciate the help. 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

Do you have HD service on your account?  On some systems, the HDMI port is disabled unless HD service code is on your account.

Also go into the user menu and setup the resolutions your HDTV accepts, and go over all settings on the user menu.  With your Comcast remote turn off the cable box and press "menu" to access.

New Visitor
aevgarrett

HI JaylnAlg,

Thanks for the reply.  I do have HD service on my account and I looked over all the settings on the user menu and it's set to accept HD. 

New Visitor
rsearles86

Any luck with this? I am having the same issue and the only response i can get from 1800 support is that they could send a technician out. I had two hd receivers do the SAME EXACT THING on both of my tv's at the same time. I have tried everything suggested in this forum plus others to no avail. To make this clear my hdmi input does become active when i plug the cord in (as in it goes from being grayed out on my input optinos to accessible). So i know the tv recognizes something in that input slot but when i choose the correct input it says no signal as if the box is off or something. So confused and would really hate to leave comcast but this is frustratng when i want to do something as simple as come home and watch tv and i can't because of faulty/cheap rental equipment.

New Visitor
stantronps

I am having this exact same issue.  My HDMI HD DVR stopped working the moment I got off the phone with the billing department to correct a billing issue.  The third world technical support group was unable to unwind the billing department's mistakes.  They offered to send a technician out, but I seriously doubt a technician can help.  I will be cancelling Comcast today if the issue is not resolved.

Also, every time I call to fix an issue that Comcast itself creates, i.e. charging me for services I did not and have never used, I am charged yet another service fee.  What a racket!