New Visitor
QMAVLLC

HDMI Issues with Pace RNG110 Boxes

We are an A/V Dealer that is integrating new (to Breckenridge, CO) PACE RNG110 boxes into client theatre systems.  Every Pace RNG110 box we install has issues when connected to Denon A/V Receivers.  The issues range from locking up the system, to not being able to view HD movies to not being able to switch from analog to digital channels due to channel freezes.  Denon claims this is a known issue with the HDCP flag on this box and that I should check with Comcast.  I have asked twice at my local Comcast office to have their lead tech call me to no avail.  And yes, using component in resolves the issue, but I want full digital (HDMI) from my source to my HDTVs.  Any help or timing on a firmware upgrade to resolve this would be appreciated.  The issue is present with 5 clients.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: HDMI Issues with Pace RNG110 Boxes

[ Edited ]

Though it not clear this is primarily a customer to customer forum

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post

I

New Visitor
QMAVLLC

According to the Posting Guidelines, "these forums are available to all Comcast customers."  Since I have three of these boxes in my home and I am a Comcast customer, does that qualify? 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

of course it does.  

New Visitor

I have the same issue. The picture and sound cuts out every 5 seconds for a brief moment. It worked for a few hours which was long enough to get everything set up. I have a new Dennon AVR-3312CI. I am wondering if a different cable box is the answer. I have tried different HDMI cables but only works when bypassing the receiver and going directly to the TV from cable box. So much for the AirPlay and pandora stuff that was the selling point of the Dennon. What cable box would be a second choice to see if I can get this to work?
New Visitor
QMAVLLC

I have had success in working with my local Comcast office in using Motorola DCH3200 (non-DVR) and DCX-3400 (DVR) in my Denon applications.  I use the RNG110 for non-receiver applications with no issues.   Also, make sure you do any firmware upgrades on any Denon receiver before setting it up.  Hopefully this helps.