New Visitor
joey92

HDMI wont work after box got unpluged

After my girlfriend acidentially unpluged the cable box HDMI wont work. I can view the picture over composite but not HDMI.  I tried calling comcast and they said if composite works then why do i need HDMI? Umm because I enjoy HD...

I am using the comcast dct3416 box and a westinghouse 32inch led tv

How can i fix it?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: HDMI wont work after box got unplugged

Many HDMI issues can be fixed by unplugging power on all the equipment including the TV.  Make sure the HDMI cable is connected firmly.

Component cables do carry 1080I, which is red/green/blu plus red/wht for audio.  As you are aware, composite yellow output is SD only.

You might want to exchange the box if nothing works with HDMI, but using componet is a workaround and still gets you all the HD passed down from the networks.

New Visitor
joey92

I do know that i can use component but i do not have a free component box on the tv...and i have tried power cycling the unit

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Then take the box in to the local office for a swap.

New Visitor
hpmc123

Re: HDMI wont work after box got unpluged

joey92 wrote:

After my girlfriend acidentially unpluged the cable box HDMI wont work. I can view the picture over composite but not HDMI.  I tried calling comcast and they said if composite works then why do i need HDMI? Umm because I enjoy HD...

I am using the comcast dct3416 box and a westinghouse 32inch led tv

How can i fix it?

My TV is not working on HDMI. It just went to blue screen in the middle of a program.

Can you help?

I have a new 50", and I don't think there is anything wrong with It.