Regular Problem Solver

High Definition DTA

I was wondering now that Comcast has HD DTA's in testing, when they might be available to the general public?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: High Definition DTA

There has been no public announcement on any dates for HD DTA's for any area.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Latest I heard was they will "begin" uDTA usage by the end of the year.  No indication of where and how many.  As with their encryption plans Comcast does not put out any information that might indicate they have a plan for the future.

Regular Problem Solver

Comcast closes in on HD DTA deployments
Fri, 08/17/2012 - 12:22pm
Mike Robuck

Comcast is currently in a large field trial with HD digital transport adapters (DTAs), with plans to have them more broadly deployed in customers’ homes later this year.

“We started field trials of the HD DTA in the first quarter of this year,” said Comcast’s Steve Reynolds, senior vice president of CPE and home networking. “We’re just wrapping up those field trials at this point and time. We haven’t actually announced the date when paying subscribers will start getting HD DTAs.

“We have been in field trials for a number of months, and the technology is working well, and all of the devices are stable, so all systems look good.”

Similar to its SD DTA effort, Comcast is working with Pace, Motorola and Technicolor on the HD DTAs.
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Then why ask, Bozo.

Regular Problem Solver

Jay:

You know this is a Comcast user community forum and I was hoping someone might have more information than myself on my question.. However as much you want to be the Great Oracle that knows all and sees all in this forum you are not the end all of information. Calling people names on this forum certainly shows a lack of respect and maturity for other forum users. If you don't like a question do us all a favor and don't answer it.