Recognized Contributor

Higher channels not coming in

TV in my bedroom, rarely ever watch it, but it would be nice if it worked when I do.

Channels from 2 to 13 come in fine, anything much higher than that I get the "we've detected an interuption in your service" screen.

My setup is - Cable coming in goes right to a splitter. One feeds the modem, the other goes to the cable box, then to the TV. Maybe not optimal, don't see what else I can do to have internet and TV in the same room.

Any suggestions so I can have a watchable TV, like in the days before digital ?

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Re: Higher channels not coming in

Xraywolf wrote:

TV in my bedroom, rarely ever watch it, but it would be nice if it worked when I do.

Channels from 2 to 13 come in fine, anything much higher than that I get the "we've detected an interuption in your service" screen.

My setup is - Cable coming in goes right to a splitter. One feeds the modem, the other goes to the cable box, then to the TV. Maybe not optimal, don't see what else I can do to have internet and TV in the same room.

Any suggestions so I can have a watchable TV, like in the days before digital ?

This sounds like a week signal problem.  Most Modems will indicate the signal strength and Signal to Noise ratio if you go to: http://192.168.100.1

A signal level over 1 dBmV and an SNR in the mid to upper 30s is normal (I have 7 dBmV, and 36).  First check for good connections on all cables.  Swapping the cable feeding your Modem and the Comcast box inputs (leaving them connected to their existing splitter terminals) may help isolate the problem if you modem levels are good.

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

-10.2 dBmV downstream.

37.5 dB snr.

I'm taking it the -10 is a bad sign ?

My major problem is all my cables and connections are an absolute nightmare to access, but I'll have to make the effort.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Indeed -10 is not good.  Could be anything from a bad connection, bad cable (they do sometimes go bad all by themselves), bad splitter, or a weak signal coming from comcast.  Can you connect the Comcast incoming cable directly to your cable modem?

Recognized Contributor

I will have to give it a try, to see whether or not the incoming line itself has a problem.