Regular Contributor

How Much Will My Monthly Bill Change w/ AnyRoom DVR?

How will the total of my monthly bill change if I get the AnyRoom DVR plus two supplemental boxes?

Right now I have

1 Motorola DHC3416 HD-DVR box
1 regular HD box RNG110
1 regular Motorola DCT2524 digital box

I want to trade that all in for the AnyRoom dvr and 2 supplement boxes.

In theory, my bill should remain the same, right? But how about in reality? I am a triple play customer and have long run out of any special deals I was under.

(and yes, all 3 of the TVs will be HD)

Thanks!

Recognized Contributor

Re: How Much Will My Monthly Bill Change w/ AnyRoom DVR?

I'm having the Anyroom DVR system installed on Sat. Your bill should only be about $3.00 more a month. But prices can be different depending on the area you are located. I would call Comcast or visit a local office to verify the pricing.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Based on the price list included in my latest Comcast bill, it will be considerably more than $3/month.  The prices are confusing, because they mention the need for an Additional Outlet Fee ($8) along with AnyRoom HD/DVR Service ($19.95, but diiscounted with Triple Play),  You should ask your local Comcast office.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Does anybody know exactly what an "additional outlet fee" is?  Not what it costs, but what is an additonal outlet?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

An Additional Outlet fee is charged if you have a digital box or something like a TiVo, which requires a cablecard, in addition to your initial digital box or TiVo cablecard.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

It was explained this way to me:

You have a box for one tv. If you want a box for another tv, get the box,  hook it up to your TV. The box is no good if you can't view the programming. The additional outlet fee is the "switch" that's turned on which allows you to see the programming on the extra boxes.

edit to add: I recently checked into AnyRoom DVR and found out it would SAVE me money. I asked about additional outlet fees and was told there were none. I was also told the only charge would be $19.99 for the main box, no charge for the 2 that tied into it.

There would be a service charge because a tech has to set it up.

I decided not to get AnyRoom DVR because I read the info HERE and having to do everything from the primary box would not work for us.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for all the responses. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
mikepfly2

[ Edited ]

I just received my first bill including AnyRoom DVR. I have the HD AnyRoom DVR  (DCX 3400M) in my family room and an HD box that is capable of receiving the AnyRoom DVR in my bedroom (I live in downtown Chicago):

HD Technology Fee: $7.95

Anyroom HD/DVR: $7.95 (assume this is the 3400m box)

Add'l Anyroom DVR outlet: $19.95! (assume this is the HD box in my bedroom)

I used to have the Dual tuner DVR and an HD box in my bedroom which cost:

HD Technology Fee: $7.95

Dual Tuner DVR: $8.00

HDTV Addtl Outlet: $7.95

So it looks like the actual DVR went down $0.05 and the bedroom HD receiver went up $12 (net of $11.95 monthly increase).

When I was trying to get AnyRoom DVR (which was a serious pain, including 2 trips to the North Ave branch and 2 technician visits, I won't get into details) I heard everything from that feature is in soft launch and not available at my location to it's included in my current fees to $21.00 more per month (all from comcast people). Per this discussion board I was under the impression it would be an additional $4/month (originally my DVR and HD fee were $15.95 and the AnyRoom DVR was $19.95 but included the HD fee for a net add of $4) which at least made some sense.

It looks like AnyRoom DVR is an extra $11.95/month which is more than I'm willing to spend ($4 sounded reasonable) so will likely be canceling the service (after all the headache in getting it :smileysad:).

Below is one excerpt from one chat with a comcast rep (the info I edited was my personal acct # and SSN) for your reading enjoyment (I have more if you're interested):

LiveAssist Transcript
[Print] Print [Copy] Copy [Email] Email [Close] Close
chat id : d81e50d5-ad99-4f79-babd-a878ad43425c
Problem : how much is anyroom dvr service

Michael > how much is anyroom dvr service

Ernesto > Hello Michael_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Ernesto. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Ernesto > How are you today?

Michael_ > ok

Michael_ > good thnaks, you?

Ernesto > That is good to know.

Ernesto > I am fine. Thank you for asking.

Ernesto > I understand that you want to know the rate for the anyroom DVR, and I am happy to hear that you are inquiring about this. I want you to know that Comcast is grateful and excited for the opportunity that you have provided and I will certainly resolve your issue today.

Michael_ > great

Ernesto > That would be approx 21.00 per month rent.

Ernesto > for the anyroom hub

Michael_ > in addition to the boxes i already have?

Michael_ > I have the 3400m and a hd box that the tech said could take anyroom dvr

Michael_ > I got the filter for any room installed yesterday

Ernesto > No, there are specific cable boxes that you should use to be able to link cable boxes.

Michael_ > thats what I have

Ernesto > I see. Thank you for the information.

Michael_ > I have the main hub and one box that is just the receiver

Ernesto > Let me check the exact rate.

Ernesto > To ensure the integrity of your account information, may I please have your 16 digit account number and last 4 digits of your SSN.

Michael_ > one second

Michael_ > <EDITED>

Ernesto > Sure, just take your time.

Michael_ > <EDITED>

Ernesto > Thank you very much.

Ernesto > By the way, I hope you are enjoying our Comcast On-Demand which would allow you to get thousands of movies and shows ready to watch when you are-from blockbuster movies to kids' programming to network shows.

Ernesto > Please allow me a minute or two to pull up your account here. Thank you very much.

Michael_ > ok

Ernesto > As I can see here, you are being charged with DVR - 8.00 and Hd boxes 7.95

Ernesto > each

Michael_ > ok

Ernesto > I am glad that I was able to provide all the information you needed, is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Michael_ > yes, you need to answer my question...how much extra is it to use anyroom dvr or is it already included in my monthly charges?

Michael_ > when I hit myDVR on my bedroom TV (the non hub box) it says to call xfinity and not sure why.

Ernesto > It is already included since you already do have those cable boxes.

Ernesto > Yes, that is because the anyroom service is not activated.

Michael_ > great, how do I activate it? can you do it?

Ernesto > You will have to contact 1-800-9346489 to be able to activate the service.

Michael_ > ok, i'll call.

In some industries they call this a bait-and-switch, telling customer one thing and actually doing another...Comcast/xfinity please get all your reps on the same page so others don't have to endure the frustrations I have.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Or (I know "dreaming"), Comcast could publish a comprehensive list of charges for service(s) and equipment.  Maybe even an occassional example of typical setups and their costs?  No, I am not smoking any of the funny stuff, just dreaming!!!

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Most subscribers do get a yearly list of prices and services, either as extra pages on the monthly statement, or a seperate mailing, specific to their location.  This is what is called a "rate card".  If you didn't see it, the rate card should be available by stopping by your local Comcast office.

Because of Comcast marketing area differences, prices and policies vary widely by area.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

I keep forgetting that Comcast doesn't know how to use a computer to show specifically what the charges are for a customers area, sorry.  As our local Comcast outlet (Louisville, CO) is only open Monday through Friday looks like I'm out of luck (working for a living as I am).  And apparently the local envelope stuffer missed mine.

Contributor
mikepfly2

I tend to agree with Mr. Peters. They do have prices online for services if you're going to be a new customer but definitely lack details for existing customers (not to mention you have to dig to find out prices after promotions are up). I feel a $60 billion corporation (technology services corporation at that) could figure out a way to post prices for their current customers online.

In an effort to be green I don't get paper bills and would love to opt out of promotional materials (I'm already a customer and I can't sign up for new promotions anyways). Perhaps a first step would be to email out a price list for my area every year or when substantial prices changes occur and make sure the subject line reads that. I typically don't look at my online bill unless it is different from my typical payment amount so if price lists are hidden in their I won't see them.  I'd venture a guess that most e-bill customers are the same...

Contributor
mikepfly2

or just clearly post the current rate cards in my account and let me look at them whenever I want...

Contributor
ttedesco

I ran into the exact same problem. trying to get a price for anyroom DVR.

I have the following equipment:

Motorola DCT3416 HD DVR in Bedroom #1

Motorola DCT3416 HD DVR in Living room

Pace TDC575D  in Bedroom #2

I asked what it would cost to change out the boxes to get AnyRoom DVR, they passed me to 3 different customer reps, I spent at least 30 minutes with each, and each had a different answer. The cheapest price I got was an additional $20.00 per month on my bill plus the charge for the service tech to visit my house. They said I was not allowed to switch out the boxes.

This is outrageous to me ! I can already record programs in two rooms, but I must watch them in the room they were recorded for that convenience its an extra $20.00 per month !!

I'm a triple play customer, but I'm glad Verizon is wiring our neighborhood for FIOS as we speak, maybe a little competition will help with the matter. I think Comcast purposely keeps the charges confusing for their existing customers.

New Visitor
mneer

Depends on the package you have.  I have the Platinum package and will be trading in a DVR and an HD box and getting the AnyRoom DVR with 3 terminals and will save $35 a month.  Basically better service for less money.