Contributor
Mike_AG
Accepted Solution

How to delete items from Favorites?

I had 2 momentary power glitches here this afternoon, and found that 2 of my favorites lists are completely hosed. I'm trying to figure out - without any success - how the heck does one delete something from a favorites list? 

I tried using the menu help guide, but it had nothing on this subject. It told you how to delete a favorites list, but not how to delete an item from favorites.

???

Thaniks...Mike

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: How to delete items from Favorites?

Channels in a Favorites list toggle on/off.  Select a list, then click on a channel -- it it's on the list, clicking on it will delete it from the list, clicking on it again will add it to the list.

Contributor
Mike_AG

Huh?? If I select on a list and click on a channel, I go to that channel. It neither deletes it nor adds it

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Go to the page where you set up the favorites list.  You add a channel to the list by clicking on it, and you delete a channel that's already on the list by clicking on it.  The heart symbol will appear or disappear, to indicate that the channel is on the list or not.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Just to add to what WarEagle posted.... 

The link below should help you set up your favorites, check out page 15 for the steps to set up and access your favorites lists. http://xfinity.comcast.net/ui/pdf/meetyourguide/userguide_en_es.pdf

To Add or Delete Favorite Lists — From the Main Menu choose Favorite Lists Setup and NEW to create a new list and X to delete.

To Add or Remove Favorite List Channels — From Favorite Lists Setup, highlight a Favorite List and press OK/Select. Select the heart icon to add channels or the heart icon again to remove channels.

Contributor
Mike_AG

That simply doesn't work. I get a message that tells me that the channel has already been added to the list. 

I'm confused...:smileysad:

Mike

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

Mike_AG wrote:

That simply doesn't work. I get a message that tells me that the channel has already been added to the list. 

I'm confused...:smileysad:

Mike

Hmm, that is strange. Let me list the steps again with some additional detail to be sure we are both in the same place.

Using the silver Comcast remote control, press the red Menu button twice.

Select Setup, Press OK/Select, then select Favorites List Setup and press OK/Select

Select the named Favorites List that you would like to edit. There may be one or more Favorites Lists that you have set up.

Arrow down to and select the heart icon at the bottom of the screen. Press OK/Select.

This should bring up a list of channels (your entire channel lineup) You can sort the list to display by name or by channel number by using the right or left arrows.

The channels that you have already selected as a part of this Favorites list will have a heart icon to the right of the channel name. Pressing the OK/Select button on the remote control acts as a toggle and will either turn the heart icon on (adding that channel to this favorites list) or remove the heart  icon (removing that channel from this favorites list).

If you see the heart, the channel is on the favorites list. If you don't see the heart, it's not on the favorites list.

When you are finished adding and deleting channels from the favorites list, arrow down to the check mark box at the bottom of the screen to "Confirm favorite channel settings", Press OK/Select on the silver Comcast remote control and that should save any changes.

Let me now if that works. Thanks   

Contributor
Mike_AG

[ Edited ]

Finally! I saw the list of channels, and then had them sorted in numeric order. Once I could go directly to the channels I wanted to clear, the rest was easy.

I can't be the only one to ask this question, and the on screen guide had absolutely nothing on this procedure.  I did scan through the FAQ (could have missed it) - can someone get something written up on this so it's easy to find? Right now the procedure is at best obscure and imprecise.

On a related question - is there some way to save a favorites list so it doesn't get corrupted by power outages (which is what started this mess in the first place)? Surely there's a way to do some sort of auto-backup, evidently there isn't one now...

Mike 

New Visitor
jaytina14

I have a question partly to this, I set up 64 channels in my favorites, they are all HD in the 800 number sequence, a couple days later, they are all screwed up defaulting to some 200 sequence (which I DO NOT like) & missing a bunch of 800 + 900 numbers! the weird thing is I'll have 811 set (NBC) & it will be gone & not defaulted to the 200 number! At first it would happen a couple weeks later a couple months ago & yes thought it was a power glitch/outage & then set them back up again. Now it happens a few days later & has done this quite a few times. I need to have favorites for the HD channels since I do not know them by heart & is very convenient that way.....does anyone have this problem?

Bronze Star Contributor
garysilverman

Thank you so much. I spent 30 minutes with customer service and he said it is in the tv, not the box. Then i told him lets try Xfinify, and put on hold for another 30 minutes then hung up.
Bronze Star Contributor
garysilverman

thouse above pread the directions in the greeen from Comcast and it will work. Dont even try customer service, they said it is built into the Television. SO i swutched to Xfinity and spent more minutes waiting for so really 'dumb' service person transfer me to xfinitiy since you can set them up there too. It was so simple gop to red button settigs, and gop to favorites and delete the one you done want. Short up if you have a lot of them unplug the box for a few seconds and can start a new list. wait till the guide sets up/ If i wasnt disabled, i would ask comcast for a job, but they might make more money!!!!!♥
New Visitor

Thanks ComcastTeds- I was having the same problem and you precise post nailed it. You da man!

Contributor

:smileygrin: I'm glad I researched it here.  Your solution worked perfectly and was well written.  Thanks!

New Visitor
Norasue

THANK YOU!!!! And mike too for asking the question. I even called support and they said i had to talk to someone else, transferred me and I got hung up on!!! Seems like it used to be easier.....