New Visitor
New Visitor
Tos
Accepted Solution

How to downgrade service through Comcast website

I need to downgrade my service. I'm paying like 185.00 a month and I think is too expensive for what I have.

On the website there is no link for downgrade and too many for upgrades.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: How to downgrade service through Comcast website

You have to call, you can't do it online.

Visitor

Why cant you downgrade service online instead of calling?You could order and upgrade online?Very unfair plus it dont show cheaper packages?

New Visitor
chanel2yu

I totally agree. That's what I'm going to do right now as well, is to downgrade. It's just getting ridiculous.

New Visitor
Eradik1

You CAN use the online chat, which I prefer much better than calling. I hope their new online manager site thats coming soon has this ability.

New Visitor
tonie9

i'm about to downgrade also after seeing that my bill has gone up AGAIN!  It's almost $40.00 more than it was a year ago and I haven't changed a thing!  RIDICULOUS! rip off

Contributor
JStorm01

I just downgraded from Digital Preferred to limited basic saving big bucks now with Limited Basic & my Performance Internet package is about $59 now before it was $145.98 a month . I also have Netflix and also will use iTunes to watch my shows. 

I like to also add the Comcast Rep at the Xfinity Store when i dropped off the DVR were very rude treated me like i didn't know what i was talking about also i told them all i wanted was Basic cable thats all they changed it too digital starter had to call comcast to fix it couldn't even get that right . Next time im going to the Xfinity Store is to drop  off there two DTA's & one DCT700 box to cancel moving in two months into a new apartment that has Verizon Fios option i was going to just move comcast over too the new apartment but after that customer service experience you changed my mind Comcast! also Verizon Fios has some awesome deals cant wait!

New Visitor
LarryPeebles

Of course.

New Visitor
0907lorentzen

You can't use online chat to downgrade, they go thru the whole suggestive selling routine then tell you to call 800 number. Ridiculous!

Contributor
schotsch

i totally agree, they make it impossible to downgrade but if you want to upgrade....nO problem!

Contributor
schotsch

1. where do you find the chat link , i saw it when i first logged on but i just wanted to downgrade without explaining myself or someone trying to talk me out of it... my bill is $200.00 a month, too much i cant doit anymore.

2.why do they have great priced promotions for new customers, but us old faithful customers,,, NOPE not for us we get to pay the big bucks, no breaks....you would think for us being loyal like in my case 10+ years, they would give you a plan with a price break........ just what i think......

Visitor

I agree with you when we have been with comcast as a loyal customer for many years they dont give us a break they charge us more.????Why Comcast?