Contributor

How to program remote to skip ahead 30 seconds.

I know somewhere there are directions on how to program a button on my DVR remote to skip ahead by 30 seconds. I can't find them. And of course no one at Comcast can help me. Our other remote uses the lock button I believe, to do this function.
Contributor

Re: How to program remote to skip ahead 30 seconds.

Well folks after an hour she finally found it but claims that it is only listed on their internal site. So I will post for you. Not sure if this works on all DVR's but does on both that I have.

1-Press cable button

2- Press and Hold setup button till cable button blinks twice

3- Type in 994- cable button will blink twice

4-Press and release setup button (Do NOT hold)

5- Type 00173

6- Press whatever button you want to map the 30 second skip to (We use the lock button with the yellow triangle on it)

Works great no more commercials!

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

poohknits wrote:

Well folks after an hour she finally found it but claims that it is only listed on their internal site

Not really --  see this.

New Visitor
tr123456

Does anyone know how to do the same on the new XR2  version U2 remote?  It comes with a programed in 5 minute jump ahead when you hit the page up button  but thats too long...want to program a button for just 30 seconds or so. 

Contributor
Contributor

Re: How to program remote to skip ahead 30 seconds. on X1 DVR

For the X1's XR2 remote:

Press the "Exit" button THREE TIMES, then press "0030" for a thirty second skip, or "0045" for a forty five second skip.  0500 is a five minute skip.  

This will allow you to use the PAGE UP button to skip through sections of recorded shows.

Contributor
Contributor

Re: How to program remote to skip ahead 30 seconds. on X1 DVR

I just did it but you have to not be watching a recording. Just have a regular program on when you press EXIT three times, then 0030.  I almost didn't believe it myself but it worked. and page down goes in reverse the same thirty seconds

New Visitor

I can not get my remote XR2 U2 to skip the 30 second skip fwd. I tried the Exit X 3 then 0030. It did not work. very frustrated! I also found that there is no input function for the HDMI inputs on the rear of my X1 box.