Contributor
girleypearl
Accepted Solution

I can turn my tv on with the remote control, but no other commands will work.

I'm wondering how to fix this problem.  I tried using the 24/7 interactive but there isn't much info there.  I have fresh batteries, I can turn on the t.v. I can turn up the volume but nothing else on the remote control is working.  If I turn the tv off the cable box stays on.

What should I try next to fix this problem

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: I can turn my tv on with the remote control, but no other commands will work.

We would first recommend unplugging the power on the set top box, wait a minute, and power it up again.  Give it a few minutes to reload and give it a test.

If that doesn't help, then next step is to move the box away from the TV in case the CFL interference from the TV screen is messing with the IR receiver on the box.

Next would be take the box and remote to the local Comcast office for a swap.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: I can turn my tv on with the remote control, but no other commands will work.

well it sounds like your only using the tv portion of the remote.  YOur comcast remote will only turn on your tv and do the volume are you pressing the cable button to access the other features of your remote that will allow you to control the cable box.

Visitor
kennnethbellis

I can turn my tv on with the remote control, but no other commands will work. volume works and the display continously shows 8:21 and box won't turn off.

Contributor
girleypearl

Thank you, you solved my problem.  I turned off the cable box as suggested and everything is now working.  Although when I choose the red guide button everything says To Be Announced.    Do I need to do anything or will the programing guide automatically come back with information on what is playing on each channel?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The guide information will re-populate and can take 24 hours depending on the box and how busy the system is.  That is normal.

Visitor
kennnethbellis

I unplug the power and then waited 10 sec. applied power back to box and it works properly now !!!