New Visitor
Unfinity

I have EAS message that caused everything to freeze. How do I get this going again?

I have an EAS on my screen and it won't go away. It caused my cable to freeze up. How do I unfreeze it?
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: I have EAS message that caused everything to freeze. How do I get this going aga

Sometimes you can clear up problems such as this by unplugging the box's power for a moment, then plugging it back in. You will temporarily lose program guide data, but it will be replenished over a few hours.

Official Employee
ComcastNick

Re: I have EAS message that caused everything to freeze. How do I get this going aga

Powercycle your box.

That will fix the EAS message.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor

Not good enough. I have a DVR box and a DTS that are both frozen. There is no reason the DTS should behave this way, and a power off does nothing.As for the DVR, I wonder how much C-SPAN it is recording instead of my favorite shows.

I understand the need for the system, and the seriousness of the matter that triggered it, but this is a matter of your gear not working as it should.

Under no circumstandes should EAS break your service. This is a design problem, and judging by the age of the thread, one you have had plenty of time to fix, but have no will to fix.

I'll write my congressman since clearly you do not listen to complaining customers.