New Visitor
Guido7

IR Sensor location on RNG 150N

I can not find the IR sensor location on the front panel of my RNG 150N STB.  I have an IR repeater system (my box is located in another room).  I can not get the cable box to work.  I don't know where to place the stick-on IR emitter.  I randomly have been trying several positions but thought it would be helpful to know where the IR sensor actual is.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: IR Sensor location on RNG 150N

[ Edited ]

Motorola RNG150 or Cisco RNG150?  If Motorola we need to know if it's the original one or a P2.

New Visitor
Guido7

Motorola branded, the P2 version

New Visitor
asil2

if you're standing in front of the box the sensor will be on the right hand side.  the far right hand side is metal with the Cisco logo on the metal case.  Just to the left off the metal part it's plastic.  Place the ir cable in the upper right corner just below the edge and as close possible metal part as possible.  the remote should work fine now.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

asil2

The question was about a Motorola box, not a Cisco box.

New Visitor
GeorgeannEE

I also have the Motorola RNG150N, and was hunting for the IR sensor location. I found it by shining a flashlight at the front panel -- there's a small (half-inch) circle just to the left of the Power indicator. I placed the IR emitter (I think that's the right term) over the circle, and voila! My system works!

New Visitor
Jwalker63131

I have the Cisco and put where you stated no luck. Another spot?
New Visitor
swebb4

I have two different cable boxes: an RNG110 and an RNG150N and am trying to get them to work with an infrared emitter and/or a IR repeater kit.  I have tried two different Impact Acoustics #40430 repeater kits with the boxes and have had no success.  Do you know of a specific IR emitter or IR repeater kit that will work with either of these Comcast HD boxes?

Contributor

to use the RNG150 box with any ir blaster device, you need to go down to comast and ask them for an IR Receiver that plugs in to the back of the rng150 box (they come with the little dta boxes already).. mount it on the front of the rng150 with the pickup from the ir blaster and it will work perfectly