Contributor
Accepted Solution

Installation of cable box dvd-vcr tv?

i am trying to set up this combo using the two rca cords in the wiring diagram option 1

of comcast"s manual page 21 on connections.  My dvd-vcr does not have an rf or cable in,cable

out connections. Where is the cable from the wall hooked up too?I cannot use option 2 here because of lack of cable connections on dvd-vcr,  thanks!! and is there another cable involved?for example does the cable from wall go to tv and then another cable from tv to cable box? 

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Installation of cable box dvd-vcr tv?

If you could provide a link to the diagram and manual you're referring to it would help.
Contributor

the manual i am referring too is  the wired diagram on the manual provided to all

newbies  welcome to comcast digital cable. page 21. you can download it from the comcast site under digital tv intallation of cable etc. 

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

I don't see it.  How about using one of the diagrams on this page?  (Or provide a link to the manual you refer to.)  Do you want to record the output from the cable box on the VCR?  Is the DVD player the same piece of equipment as the VCR?
Contributor

yes the dvd-vcr is one unit and i just use it to play dvd"s and vhs tapes. no recording. the manual on the on front  is entitled Happiness is only a power button away.The diagrams are on page 21d-22. on lower left back cover  is manual SA VODlink0108.no the digram i<m referring too is only in this manual..thanks!!

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

No recording makes it much simpler.  What outputs does your DVD/VCR have, what inputs does your TV have, and what outputs does your cable box have?  It would also help to know the make and model of all that equipment.  Let's forget about the Comcast manual.
Contributor

the toshiba vcr-dvd deck is model # SD V295ku and on the back it has two sets of rc-inputs under dvd-vcr one out for video out,audio l and audio r .and  for video In  left and right audio rca hookups.  the tv is a panasonic CT-31G30t vintage 1996which has video and left and right rca input hookups. the vcr-dvd does not have coaxial cable input or output. hope this helps.  thanks
Regular Problem Solver

You should be able to:

1) run the cable from the outlet to the cable box (cable in)

2) run a cable from the cable box (cable out) to your tv (cable in)

3) connect rca audio/video cables from your dvd-vcr (out) to your tv's rca audio/video inputs

You won't be able to record on the dvd-vcr combo since nothing is being sent to its inputs.  If your cable box has audio/video outputs, you can use those to connect to your tv if your tv can accept multiple inputs.

Bronze Star Contributor

sounds like this set up should work,but just staticky video and no picture. I had it set up a month ago no problem.  A comcast tech is coming out tommorrow as i<m too frustrated with it. thanks for your help and will let you know what the problem was.  thanks!!
Contributor

problem solved. All i had to do is hit the video tv button on my remote and switch to

video 1 and voila  a picture. thanks for your help. i did not need comcast.

New Visitor
patzvorsky

I WOULD LIKE A WIRING INSTALLATION DIAGRAM TO INCLUDE TV, DVD, NEW MODEM BOX

Bronze Star Contributor

problem solved many moons ago. Thanks for your delayed response!!