New Visitor
keeferzjr

LIVE TV on my tablet?

I have downloaded and use the TV app on my tablet all the time but I can't seem to find a way to actually WATCH TV on it. I'm not talking about On Demand but actual LIVE TV. Is there a way to do that? I'd really like to be able to do that!

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: LIVE TV on my tablet?

[ Edited ]

You can't watch live TV right now.  AnyPlay is in trial in Nashville and Denver that will stream live to your mobile devices on your home network.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

There is no way to watch live TV on a tablet currently, other than ESPN3.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

keeferzjr wrote:

I have downloaded and use the TV app on my tablet all the time but I can't seem to find a way to actually WATCH TV on it. I'm not talking about On Demand but actual LIVE TV. Is there a way to do that? I'd really like to be able to do that!

Just to add some details and some links 

Live streaming to iPads is available only recently from Comcast to customers in Nashville and Denver currently. Additional markets and other tablets are scheduled soon.

More information on AnyPlay is available at the links below:

http://blog.comcast.com/2012/01/anyplay-brings-liv​e-tv-to-the-tablet.html

http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/Vid​eoMicrosites/AnyPlay/index.aspx

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

when will this be available for android phones and tablets?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Probably going to be a long time, as the ability to just watch on demand isn't even there yet. 

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

why isn't anything worthwhile available on my droid phone?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]

Do you mean from comcast?  Apple got a huge headstart in the smartphone and tablet market, it took other phone manufacturers over 2 years to get even close to what apple put out with the iphone.  During that time developers focused on providing services to that product so that is why they are in the front of the pack now.   When someone like comcast makes an app for apple its just apple no one else, there is one manufacturer.  when you make one for android its for 1000's of different hardware platforms, you see the issue there how do you test it on all those platforms?

There is an app for your phone that will let you see the tv guide and change channels and there is a mobile app you can use for texting and voice if you have your phone through comcast. 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

keeferzjr wrote:

As a general update, in addition to all iPads running iOS 4,3 or later, the following Android devices (running Honeycomb or ICS OS) are compatible with AnyPlay:

• Motorola Xoom
• Motorola Xoom2
• Samsung Galaxy 1800
• Samsung Galaxy 10.1
• Samsung Galaxy 8.9
• Samsung Galaxy 7

AVAILABILITY UPDATE; AnyPlay is scheduled to be available in additional Comcast areas in July including the following areas:

AR, CA (San Francisco Area), CO, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA,  MI, MN, NM, OR, SC, TN and WA

More locations and additional details will be announced soon. Thanks for your patience.

More info on AnyPlay is available here: http://www.xfinity.com/anyplay