Contributor
mich48

Motorola HD Dual Tuner DVR RNG200N

Hi!

I've just got very new Motorola HD Dual Tuner DVR RNG200N, however, the manual was not supplied with it and I couldn't find it online either. I need to learn all the functions and capability of this box. For example, how do I remove favorite folders or edit the content of them?

Thanks!

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Re: Motorola HD Dual Tuner DVR RNG200N

Contributor
mich48

Hi barbie123,

Thanks for reply. However, as I have learned Pace is not Motorola and their boxes are different despite the model has the same designation - RNG200N.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Wow! You are right. I couldn't find anything. They do have a manual for the Motorola RNG 150N, might that answer some questions?

Contributor
mich48

The Pace looks much better and I think it is technically better box than Motorola one. The Motorola RNG150N is also different than their new RNG200N. Well, we just need the RNG200N manual. Unfortunately, so far nobody has it even Motorola website has no reference to this model. May be you know the way to edit created Favorite channel list. Thanks!

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

A Motorola RNG200 DVR is actually a DCX3501-M, the RNG branding is for Comcast just to confuse everyone with multiple branded boxes with the same models.

Comcast or Motorola doesn't have the DCX3501-M manual available right now, but is is available here.

Technincally, the DCX3501 is hardly any different than a DCX3400.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Spoiler

also the manual for the box has nothing to do with the content in it from comcast.  Your talking about the comcast software on the box not the box itself, what you are looking for is an instruction manual for the comcast guide which really does not exist, the features are pretty basic play around with them and you will easily figure it out, its so outdated a child can do it.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW
Contributor
mich48

Thank you!

Contributor
mich48

Thanks! So far I couldn't find the solution as how to edit the Favorite folders and to delete them too. May be I should ask my grandson. He is a child.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Using the silver Comcast remote control, press the red Menu button twice.

Select Setup, Press OK/Select, then select Favorites List Setup and press OK/Select

Select the named Favorites List that you would like to edit. There may be one or more Favorites Lists that you have set up.

Arrow down to and select the heart icon at the bottom of the screen. Press OK/Select.

This should bring up a list of channels (your entire channel lineup) You can sort the list to display by name or by channel number by using the right or left arrows.

The channels that you have already selected as a part of this Favorites list will have a heart icon to the right of the channel name. Pressing the OK/Select button on the remote control acts as a toggle and will either turn the heart icon on (adding that channel to this favorites list) or remove the heart  icon (removing that channel from this favorites list).

If you see the heart, the channel is on the favorites list. If you don't see the heart, it's not on the favorites list.

When you are finished adding and deleting channels from the favorites list, arrow down to the check mark box at the bottom of the screen to "Confirm favorite channel settings", Press OK/Select on the silver Comcast remote control and that should save any changes.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/ui/pdf/meetyourguide/userguide_en_es.pdf

Contributor
mich48

Thank you very much for your detail explanation! I did figure out myself and performed all the editing and deletions of my favorites.