New Visitor
chefrusso

Motorola RNG200N compatibility to Xfinity App

I'm really addicted to the Xfinity app on the iPod/iPad.  I've recently had to replace my old DVR with the Motorola RNG200N and I notice it's not yet compatible with the app.  Do you think it will be made compatible in the future?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Motorola RNG200N compatibility to Xfinity App

[ Edited ]

The RNG200N is not a Motorola DVR, it is a Cisco which is not yet compatible with the Xfinity online features.

No Scientific Atlanta / Cisco area's have these new features yet.

New Visitor

I just got a new box today and it is an RNG200N and has the Motorola logo and setup manual.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

I know that Comcast was branding the DCX3200's as RNG150's, as a RNG150 was also a Cisco box HD box

You are the first to have a RNG200 logo on a Motorola DVR.  Are there any other markings on the stickers on the back or bottom showing it is a DCX3400 or similar model?

Contributor

I just got a Cisco box with the RNG200N today, and am having a very difficult time getting it set up.  I had what I think was a Motorola box before.  That box died, and have not been able to get the Cisco one up and running.  Very Frustrated!

Contributor

I just had my DCX-3400 replaced with a Motorola RNG200N (yes, it is a Motorola, not a Cisco) because the DVR Manager and DVR management functions from the mobile app were not working. It all works now and so far I like the RNG200N a lot.

Contributor
captmorn2374

The Motorola DCX3501 is also listed as an RNG200N.  Comcast began using similar model numbers for a family of set-top boxes.  It is essentially the same as the DCX3400 although a little smaller and only one set of audio baseband outputs.

When swapping equipment, I have found it necessary to act like you are activating the service again on the DVR manager then give it the 24 hours to sync up.

New Visitor
chefrusso

Yeah you're right. It took a couple of days to sync up, but everything's working as it should now. It's so much more convenient to search and schedule recordings on the app than it is from the menus on the box itself.