Contributor
falana1

Motorola rng200n

I decided to upgrade to anyroom
DVR cause it was going to save me $10 a month. They installed a Motorola rng200n.
I am 58 and not at all tech knowledgable. I liked the idea of more storage space but am experiencing freezes or blips. Also for me liked remote program for DVR which you can not use. Posted on a forum Thur. They called Friday and am getting the dcx3400 on Monday. Being 58 I didn't think that the freezing was controllable. Glad I found this thread. Now I know it's not me. Since I did not have this problem before it has to be the box.
And yes it is a Motorola. Will wait till after the new program guide update in march and then get the rrng200n. I really do want the storage space.
I will contact Comcast and file a complaint so they know it is a real issue. My local techs rock so I know I wil get excellent customer service Mon.
Thanks for your knowledge. And young man you ate being a bit bratty :/)
Contributor
falana1

Re: RNG200N Hard Drive

I upgraded to anyroom DVR with a Motorola rng200n. I am switching out Monday for a dcx3400 till this guide update you are talking about, I think. I like remote program and also realized I had freeze problems, which are very irritating. I live in W PA and am hoping to switch back after the upgrade. Which may be in march. I do like the storage capacity of the rng do I look forward to the problem being fixed. The more I read on the threads the more I realize how little I know.
What exactly is a guide update? How does that fix a bug? Or is software update and guide update 2 different things? Thanks for all the info!
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: RNG200N Hard Drive

[ Edited ]

There are no new guide for Motorola equipment coming up anytime soon.  The next guide will be for the Scientific Atlanta / Cisco equipment first, since those boxes still have issues with the move to I-Guide with it's first version.

If you having freezes you should get a tech out to check the signal levels and BER across the complete band of frequencies.  Make sure you are not routing your coax through any AC surge protector strip coax ports.

There is confusion with both the Cisco DVR's being marked RNG200, and the latest Motorola DVR which is really a DCX3501 which is also marked a RNG200.