Contributor
caligal86

My HD DVR recordings Break up/Pauses

I just had my Comcast Triple Play installed about 1 week and a half ago.  Everything has been working well and as it should.  But now for some reason, anything I tape on the HD dvr seems to break up/pause/get pixelated and even the dvr takes longer to respond in terms of fastforwarding, etc.  (it was working perfectly before)  

Did something suddenly happen with my DVR?  Why are recordings suddenly of a lower quality than before and why is it lagging when I try to rewind/fast forward, etc?

I am currently within my 30-day money back guarantee period, so I want to make sure I get this fixed or worked out before I pay my first bill and commit to the service.

Is there anyting I can do to fix or reset the box (is that the issue)? or is my box faulty?  I dont *think* the cable connection is the issue, because shows are fine when I watch them live, but the issues are with the recordings.

Any insight or help?

Thanks!

Contributor
caligal86

Re: Can't watch recorded programs from DVR

Is that free to do (take in the box and remote and swap them)?  or do they charge you?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Comcast does not charge when their leased equipment fails and needs a swap.

Contributor
caligal86

So, just to be clear, I can just take in my box and remote, say that it is breaking up/pausing/etc, and they will give me a replacement on the spot?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

that is correct. 

Contributor
caligal86

Ok, that sounds great!

Will any Comcast Service Centers have the boxes?  Do I need to bring any of my Comcast paper work with me?

Thanks!

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

You should go to the one closest to your home, which might be listed on your monthly statement.  You can also look up the closest one HERE

Bring the remote with, and some identification.

Contributor
caligal86

great! thank you!

Regular Contributor

You should at least try power cycling the box before taking it in. Just unplug the power cord to DVR, wait a minimum of 1 minute, and then plug it back in. Give it at least another 3-4 minutes before you turn on the box so it can do what it needs to in relation to being reset. After you've done all of that it will take some time to re-download the guide and menu system. Once you can see the program information of a channel record it and play it back to see if the problem has been fixed.

Heck I would even call first and see if a cs rep can fix it and if he/she can't have em send out a truck to make sure the installation tech did the job properly. Just make sure you aren't going to get charged for the truck roll. Plus why should YOU have spend gas money going to their office to "possibly" fix a problem with their equipment? You've got at least got 30 days for them to sort everything out properly and truck rolls happen pretty fast these days, at least in my area.