New Visitor
Depp

My cable boxes keep turning on and off by themselves

Both of my Scientific Atlanta cable boxes are turning on and off by themselves. I can get the TV for a few minutes and then the screen goes blank. The box looks completely shut off and then a countdown begins. When that is finished it appears to reboot. Then the clock appears and an envelope symbol. Then the entire box goes black. This repeats for several minutes or hours. Then the TV will restart for a few minutes and the process starts over again. What should I do? It started this morning and has been going on all day.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: My cable boxes keep turning on and off by themselves

Call 1-800-COMCAST.

New Visitor
Czechman

I have this trouble in Minneapolis all day too.  Spent an hour on chat with someone from Phillipines to no avail. I think Comcast has a technical or software problem as I see others complain.  I just sent them a report, suggest you do the same.

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

I have been having the same problem in the last 24 hours. In addition to that I cannot watch channels 42, 43, 44, 47 & 80 in my area (South Florida). I receive an error message on the tv stating that the channels will return shortly. Yesterday when they did return, the picture kept going on and off, then the screen went to black and in the last 24 hours my dvr has rebooted itself at least 5 times.

I called Comcast and they were receiving a lot of phone calls from my area and now I'm waiting for a technician to come to my house.