Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

NEW uDTA box

pgoldberg wrote:

Comcast HD DTA Approved by FCC

User Manual and other exhibits:

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&c...

Thanks for the link to the uDTA manual.  Interesting list of features; like it will have a Guide, hopefully Comcast will only show the channels that you actually subscribe to in that guide (and maybe allow us to edit out channels we don't watch?).  As I now receive all of my Digital Starter channels (except for BBC America which Comcast can't figure out), that should mean that this new uDTA will also receive my Digital Starter channels (including HD if I opt for that service, be nice if Comcast actually stated that).  As with anything new, I'm hoping that Comcast will be shortly rolling out beta boxes and create a new uDTA forum as there are bound to be gotchas..  YMMV

Regular Contributor
pgoldberg

Re: NEW uDTA box

The only feature I wish this box had was an analog audio output so it can be used with older sets that just have a DVI input.  For about forty dollars I can buy an adapter or switch from Monoprice that will extract the digital audio from the HDMI output so I can use it with my older set that has DVI.