Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

New AnyRoom DVR Installation - Observations and Feedback

Since several of us are having AnyRoom DVRs installed, we thought it might be helpful to have all those comments in one thread.
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: New AnyRoom DVR Installation - Observations and Feedback

Make sure there everyone specifies if they have the Motorola AnyRoom DVR or the new Cisco AnyRoom DVR.  It can be confusing since both master DVR's are marked as a RNG200N.

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

Hopefully everyone who posts in this thread will read your recommendation.

I will certainly post my configuration when it's installed tomorrow, but I have no control over what anyone else posts.

Thanks for your input.
Regular Contributor
regnal

So...the DVR clock displayed perfect time but the clock at bottom right of the Guide was five hours ahead.

Look for that when you get your AnyRoom DVR installed.  Comcast said they have to replace the DVR and so tech number 14 comes on Monday afternoon.

Mind you, I don't really care what the time is on the Guide, but I can't help but think it will affect something in the future.  Hmmmm.  Maybe it is the future and the clock on the DVR is wrong. Ha!

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

Configuration:
main DVR Cisco RNG200N connected to Samsung smart tv es6100
Satellite box connected to Phillips (old) flat screen tv

Tech arrived 1.5 hours early. There's a first! Came to the door and asked if I was scheduled for an AnyRoom DVR installation. I confirmed, and he came inside.

First thing he did was connect his meter to the cable to check signal strength. Said that it was too high, and I must have an amp connected. Then he asked where my Comcast access panel was. I told him I didn't have one, and he argued with me for a few minutes, telling me what it looked like and wasn't there a panel like that in my laundry room or garage? After I told him no several times, he asked to go in the attic in the garage. Climbed up there and couldn't find anything. Went to secondary attic access in bedroom closet and he found a tangle of wires with an amp. I KNEW there was no panel in my house! We didn't buy it new though, so everything was already run when we moved in so I didn't know where it was.

When he saw the amp in the attic, he asked if we had Internet service. I told him we did, and he proceeded to rant about how you're not supposed to run Internet on lines with amps. I told him there was nothing in the self install kit stating that fact, and asked how I was supposed to know that? He continued on with his install without answering.

He connected the slave box first. Not sure why, but I didn't say anything. When he didn't get signal, he started installing the main DVR, including calling in to register the boxes to my account. Got everything plugged in, started the download and took the old equipment out to his truck. When he came back to the tv with the main DVR it said there was no signal. We tried changing sources on the tv and he tried different hdmi ports on the tv, but still no signal. So he went back downstairs to call his office for help. While he was downstairs the screen came back on and said it was 30% done and on config step 9, then the tv lost signal again. Evidently while the box is downloading, it must stop sending signal to the tv. When the install was complete, it just popped back up on the screen.

He went through some steps on the screen (resolution, audio, setup stuff) and picked a channel. Watched tv for a few minutes, changing channels and playing with the menu system. I thought he was verifying that it worked correctly, but he was actually PLAYING, because he told me he was just checking it out because HE HAD NEVER SEEN THE SETUP BEFORE AND THIS WAS HIS FIRST INSTALL! No wonder he couldn't figure anything out! Why doesn't Comcast send these people to a training class and TEACH them everything they need to know before they see the first customer?

So then he goes downstairs to work on the slave again. No signal. He fiddles and fiddles and can't get it to work. He asks me to verify that the tv input is set for hdmi 1, which was correct. He goes out to his truck and brings in a new hdmi cable and plugs it in. STILL no signal. So he gets behind the tv again and whoops!!! He's had it plugged in to hdmi 2 the whole time. Sigh...

Now the system is working, so he presses the myDVR button. Nothing happens. He checks the box upstairs to make sure it's still working. Still nothing happens. So he calls his office again and they ask him to look for a tiny house icon on the main DVR LED screen. No icon. The OFFICE NEVER TURNED THE SERVICE ON WHEN HE CALLED IN TO REGISTER THE SERIAL NUMBER! So we had to wait another fifteen minutes for the system to update and that icon to appear. When it did, the slave box was able to access myDVR.

After almost two hours, he's finally done and on his way. I start to play with the slave box, checking out the guide, setting up my Favorites and poking around. When I went upstairs the first thing I tried to do was to set up my favorites there, because it had been so easy on the slave. Enter a name for the list and hit OK. Wait for the channel list to come up and noting happens. The only thing I can do is rename or delete the blank list. If I try to go back one level it tells me that my list is empty and do I want to delete it. I tried five times and couldn't get it to work. Somewhere in the middle of those five times i get the same small box in the upper left corner that someone else reported. As I'm getting frustrated with it, an aftermarket installation company calls to see if I am happy with the service their installer provided! Ho ho! Talk about the wrong time to call!

I told her I was having an issue with setting up the favorites, but my bigger issue was with the installer not knowing what he was doing and not being properly trained. Before I could work up a full head of steam, she cuts me off to ask her supervisor how to fix the favorites. When she comes back she gives me a song and dance and tells me to unplug the box and have it redownload the programming and call her back. At that point I gave up trying to tell her how clueless the installer was.

I unplugged the box (which got rid of the little box), redownloaded and could only set up my favorites by first going to a channel and picking Add to Favorites from the drop down list on the screen. Then once I added the first channel, it came up with the whole list of channels and I could continue adding.

Then I started trying to program my recordings. As I'm searching for the shows, I noticed that I, too, have the guide displayed for the correct time, but the clock in the lower right corner of the screen is four hours later, and all my scheduled recordings are for the wrong time!!!

I called the aftermarket installation company again and told them about this new problem. Girl puts me on hold, then comes back and tells me I need a new box. Tech doesn't have another one on his truck today, and the earliest appointment I can get is Wednesday. So, I guess I'll have to wait and see if any of my shows record in the meantime.

Needless to say, this hasn't been a pleasant experience by any means. Tech was nice enough, but COMPLETELY unprepared for what they sent him out to do. I know everyone has to learn sometime, but shouldn't it be in a classroom or with an experienced tech with them to show them the ropes? All this guy had with him was a bunch of printed out screen shots.

And don't even get me started on replacing faulty equipment with MORE faulty equipment. If I am having the exact same problems that someone else is having, that sounds more like a bug in their programming than anything else!

I do have to admit though, that for the short amount of time I've had it running, I haven't seen any flickering or had any audio loss. However, if that changes I will definitely post again.

When you schedule your AnyRoom DVR installation, tell them you want a supervisor there or a tech with several installs under is belt. Don't be their guinea pig.
Recognized Contributor
anita0817

Honey, - what a morning you had.

I know if I get Anyroom I'll make sure to ask for an experienced tech, but, if your saw Comcast Teds note on the other thread, there won't be any more additions in my area (Boca) until after the Olympics.

A

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they start installations in your area as soon as the Olympics are over!
Regular Contributor
regnal

Oh Starbrite, Starbrite, Starbrite,

I tried to soften the blows but your install makes mine sound like a walk in the park.  Mine continues...

The tech came today to replace the DVR because they couldn't reset it and the clock on the Guide is still four hours ahead of the clock on the DVR. I knew him from one of my prior 14 visits and had given him a case for his iPhone from our Primary Case inventory. Guess what?  He didn't have the DVR and claimed that no one at Customer Service told him anything about the visit to my house other than he had to show up.  He then set up another tech to bring the DVR tomorrow.  Again...low expectations that they get that right.

While he was there, I asked him if we were supposed to be able to pause live TV on the satellite units.  He said absolutely no.  I told him that I spoke with three customer service people and two of their supervisors this morning who said we WERE supposed to be able to pause live TV.  He called his supervisor who said no.  I got a CS supervisor on the phone who said yes we can pause live TV.  It was like a Mel Brooks bit.  I finally let him go, hoping that the case I gave him on the first visit desintigrated some time today.

I called Comcast customer service again and this time spoke to someone who has the same system I have and said that she pauses live TV all the time.  "Are you sure?"  Yes I am, she said.  

More to follow I guess.

Again, Starbrite, sorry for all the aggravation.

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

Sounds like we're running pretty close to neck and neck, Regnal. That really stinks that you didn't get anything accomplished today!

Although it DOES sound like a common occurrence that no techs have the right boxes on their trucks.

But HEY!!! My flickering and audio loss seems to have stopped! My clock is screwed and I don't know if my recordings are going to go on as scheduled, but at least I can watch what I DO have flicker-free! Snicker.

Don't feel like I need any apologies. I'm just hoping that we can make a difference for the future and let everyone else know what to expect!

That being said, I am hoping Wednesday turns out better...
Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

Hey Regnal,

Have you set up Favorites on your main DVR?

After I went through all that yesterday, when I tried to use my Favorties just now the list name is there but all the channels are gone. Just curious if it's a random issue or box-wide.

Still haven't noticed any flickering or audio loss though!
Regular Contributor
randallrivy11x

this is gonna be a stupid question but can u still get the guide and regular channels on the  networked boxes

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

[ Edited ]
The networked boxes work the same as the normal DVR, they just can't manipulate live tv. No pause, rewind or fast forward.

It will allow you to watch on demand and recorded programs, but you can't schedule new recordings from the slave box.

These are my observations from using the box for less than 24 hours.
Regular Contributor
regnal

Starbrite13613 wrote:
Hey Regnal,

Have you set up Favorites on your main DVR?

After I went through all that yesterday, when I tried to use my Favorties just now the list name is there but all the channels are gone. Just curious if it's a random issue or box-wide.

Still haven't noticed any flickering or audio loss though!

Hey Starbrite,

I just tried the Favorites and everything worked OK.  When I got done and pressed FAV on the remote, a "guide" appeared at the bottom of the screen and the channels were there.  I'd not done that before and it's nice.

Regular Contributor
randallrivy11x

well i did find out they will not install in a apartment

Regular Contributor
regnal

Starbrite13613 wrote:
Sounds like we're running pretty close to neck and neck, Regnal. That really stinks that you didn't get anything accomplished today!

Although it DOES sound like a common occurrence that no techs have the right boxes on their trucks.

But HEY!!! My flickering and audio loss seems to have stopped! My clock is screwed and I don't know if my recordings are going to go on as scheduled, but at least I can watch what I DO have flicker-free! Snicker.

Don't feel like I need any apologies. I'm just hoping that we can make a difference for the future and let everyone else know what to expect!

That being said, I am hoping Wednesday turns out better...

Starbrite,

Sorry I didn't see this right away.

Yes, I too have no audio or video problems...yet.  The clock on the guide is still four hours ahead and yesterday's tech did not bring the AnyRoom DVR so that trip was a waste.  He called in for someone to bring it out today between 1 and 3.  1 and 3 came and went. No tech. I love Comcast. No call back. No supervisor call. Where is Fios!?!?!?

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

Jeez... That REALLY stinks, Regnal!

I'll be curious to see if your favorites last overnight. That was when mine died, so I was wondering when it does it's updating to the guide at 2 AM if that's what whacked my list.

Did you call and claim your $20 for missing their scheduled appointment time? :smileyhappy:
Contributor

Well after a disappointing Saturday of not getting the Anyroom DVR and telling ComcastTeds about the Tech not having anything to install the Anyroom Dvr. I am getting it installed this morning by a Supervisor Tech. The Tech visited me yesterday afternoon and wanted to know my problem and understands it now. He is going to re-do the wiring in the attic that has been messed up from all the other techs over the years trying to fix things and getting the new Modem/router. I refrenced Starbrites install problems and he said he is waiting to have problems with install so he could be more prepared in the future. I have confidence in this guy and is real polite and wants to listen and help. I will update this afternoon after so time with the new set up.

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

Good luck, hofiveo! Please keep us posted, and I'll do the same this afternoon!
Regular Contributor
regnal

Starbrite13613 wrote:
Jeez... That REALLY stinks, Regnal!

I'll be curious to see if your favorites last overnight. That was when mine died, so I was wondering when it does it's updating to the guide at 2 AM if that's what whacked my list.

Did you call and claim your $20 for missing their scheduled appointment time? :smileyhappy:

Hey Starbrite,

A supervisor called me yesterday and promised me that a tech would be at our house with a replacement AnyRoom DVR between eight and nine this morning.  Well, he did show up after nine but didn't know he had to replace the DVR.  Eventually, he did get it replaced, I got another $20 credit, and I'm holding my breath that everything works.

If the Comcast CEO knew how bad the communications are between customer service and the techs, he would fire someone...I'm pretty sure.

Did your Fav channels stick on your next attempt?  Tomorrow, I'll let you know what happens to ours tonight.

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

Hey Regnal.

I'm hoping by now that you've been able to verify that things are better. Clock is all fixed now?

I haven't messed with the favorites again, because I'm getting new boxes this afternoon. But I'd better go check before they get here this afternoon so I know what I'm talking about. Snicker.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and keeping us posted!
Regular Contributor
regnal

Starbrite13613 wrote:
Hey Regnal.

I'm hoping by now that you've been able to verify that things are better. Clock is all fixed now?

I haven't messed with the favorites again, because I'm getting new boxes this afternoon. But I'd better go check before they get here this afternoon so I know what I'm talking about. Snicker.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and keeping us posted!

Hey Starbrite...

Yup, when he changed out the DVR, the clock on the Guide then matched the clock on the DVR.

How come you have to get new boxes?  Satellite boxes?  I hope the tech who shows up actually has the boxes you need.

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

I need a new DVR because mine has the same clock issue yours did.

I need a second DVR for the second room, because my kids record too much junk for us to share. LOL. I only got the AnyRoom setup to get the new DVR to fix the flickering and audio loss. So when I talked to the supervisor to set up the appointment for today, he said they would take care of everything while they are here. They are even going to reconnect my home theater system that the first bonehead disconnected.

I can't imagine them NOT having the right boxes today, but I will definitely post an update and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for all the moral support! :smileyhappy:
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Time on the cable box is set from the comcast head end it has nothing to do with the box. 

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

Clock on the front of the box says current time.

Guide displays listing for current time.

Clock in the bottom right hand corner of screen displayed when setting a recording shows time four hours later than ACTUAL time. Does the main office control the time for all three places?
Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

[ Edited ]
Attention anyone with AnyRoom DVR clock issues:

If you experience the issue of your led clock and guide displaying current time and listings, but the clock in the bottom right hand corner of the screen displaying time four hours later, follow these steps:

1) Unplug your DVR for 15 seconds
2) Plug your DVR back in and let it reload programming
3) Unplug your DVR for a second time for 15 seconds
4) Plug your DVR back in for a second time and let it reload programming
5) Check your bottom right hand corner clock. It should now be reset to the correct time in all three places.

box must be reset twice in succession.

Technician that was just here did the exact steps above and the DVR I had installed on Monday is now working correctly. I was skeptical, but it actually worked!

Regular Contributor
regnal

Starbrite13613 wrote:
Attention anyone with AnyRoom DVR clock issues:

If you experience the issue of your led clock and guide displaying current time and listings, but the clock in the bottom right hand corner of the screen displaying time four hours later, follow these steps:

1) Unplug your DVR for 15 seconds
2) Plug your DVR back in and let it reload programming
3) Unplug your DVR for a second time for 15 seconds
4) Plug your DVR back in for a second time and let it reload programming
5) Check your bottom right hand corner clock. It should now be reset to the correct time in all three places.

box must be reset twice in succession.

Technician that was just here did the exact steps above and the DVR I had installed on Monday is now working correctly. I was skeptical, but it actually worked!

Starbrite,

Nice fix. I could have saved the pain of the third Comcast visit in as many days if ALL of the Comcast techs knew that.  On the other hand, your 2X reset may only work on Wednesdays and Fridays. Ha!

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

[ Edited ]
LOL Regnal!

Still no flickering or audio loss, just waiting for tomorrow to make sure both boxes keep working once they enter everything into their system. Then I'll post an update.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

First off I want to say the two gentlemen that came today were all professional. One supervisor and one experienced tech with no anyroom dvr installs. Today, they were very polite and a pleasure to work with. The supervisor was at my house yesterday to look at my setup, cables and confirm problem. They went right to work on re-doing most of the cable runs in/outside of the house. It was a pretty drastic re-do. Then they installed all the equipment(modem 3.0, digital box for SD TV and the Anyroom DVR). Everything went smooth on setup for everything. They knew about the reset box for the time thing. The only thing that is not working is the caller ID for TV and computer which I am not worried about, they are waiting for the system to update or enter into the system and in the meantime looking for a solution just in case. I will see if My Favorites list remains in morning. Big kudos to ComcastTeds for pushing to get this done ASAP and I was treated like a king the last two days. Big kudos to the two techs today on professional install, politeness and telling me the truth. By the way, the two techs are my personal customer service/tech from here on out. If I have problems they gave me their mobile numbers and told me to call for any problem. I am happy and enjoying this new guide and no a/v dropouts.:smileyhappy: About 5 hours total.

Regular Contributor
regnal

I know I was driving the techs and customer service nuts because one said you could pause live TV on the satellite boxes and the other didn't agree.  I'm pretty sure you can't but...

I now have Streampix which I had not heard of before.  It's a nice Comcast service for $4.95 a month and you can pause, FF, etc. when you are using Streampix which I didn't know but stumbled upon a few minutes ago.  This is aside from not having to see any commercials when viewing Streampix movies or TV.

I have had no problems with the DVR or the satellites for two days so I think we're going to be OK.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

regnal wrote:

I know I was driving the techs and customer service nuts because one said you could pause live TV on the satellite boxes and the other didn't agree.  I'm pretty sure you can't but...

I now have Streampix which I had not heard of before.  It's a nice Comcast service for $4.95 a month and you can pause, FF, etc. when you are using Streampix which I didn't know but stumbled upon a few minutes ago.  This is aside from not having to see any commercials when viewing Streampix movies or TV.

I have had no problems with the DVR or the satellites for two days so I think we're going to be OK.

Thanks for the feedback.

Apologies that you received misinformation multiple times regarding AnyRoom DVR. 

For your area, the links below shows the details on AnyRoom DVR in our Cisco areas.

On-Screen Guide 2.0 http://www.xfinity.com/onscreenguide2

AnyRoom DVR http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/VideoMicrosites/onscreenguide2/anyroomdvr.aspx

You can't pause live TV on the non-DVR boxes. The terminal boxes are not DVR's but can access and playback programs from your DVR.  

DVR features such as the ability to schedule or delete a recording, change recording options, slow-motion functionality or the control of live TV are controlled through the primary DVR.

Some information on XFINITY Streampix is available here:  http://www.comcast.com/streampix

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Glad to hear that this is a better experience for you, thanks for the feedback.

Regular Contributor
regnal

ComcastTeds wrote:

Glad to hear that this is a better experience for you, thanks for the feedback.

CT,

The new black XR2 remote looks terrific.  Any idea when it will be available in the Palm Beach area?

Regular Contributor
regnal

Software problems?

Screen went black like it used to on my old DVR. Happened twice this morning. Hoping it's done with that. 

Then...Recorded a few programs.  

Later, pressed VCR to watch one.  

Tried to go down to one at the bottom of the list but DVR would only allow us to select the one at the top of the list.

Unplugging and then plugging back in solved the problem.

Could DirecTV be this bad?

Regular Contributor
regnal

Starbrite,

I just lost all my "Favorites."  Is anyone else having this problem?

Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

And mine are working again. This one seems hit or miss, Regnal. Not sure what it could be, other than a bug.
Contributor
eden4ever

Just got here from the board concerning the black out problems with the rng200n and the long drawn out process to ever get them fixed. I do find it sad that so many instead of holding CC's feet to the fire to fix their equipments problems that instead opt for a more expensive package from them. What motivation would CC have to fix their equipment when I am sure they would rather everyone go for the more expensive package such as the anyroom thingie. I do have to chuckle when I read about the problems people are having with it. Maybe different problems, but reoccuring problems all the same, just of a different nature. Choose your own poison comes to mind here. How many didn't have these problems before Xfinity???? It just seems to me that CC has invested in cheap software and even cheaper hardware and herein lies the problems that won't go away no matter what package you have. You may not have the blackout problems yet, but it sounds like you are having to spend a lot of time rebooting the system to fix the bugs that just come back and require more rebooting. It's sad to read when people say I hope it doesn't happen again. How much money are you paying for TV service where you have to say please please don't happen again???? Guess as long as the majority just keep changing up to a more expensive package and keep hoping CC can keep on raking in the bucks with no motivation to ever fix anything. Simply sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor
regnal

Starbrite13613 wrote:
And mine are working again. This one seems hit or miss, Regnal. Not sure what it could be, other than a bug.

Well...here's a good one:  My Favorites came back after a day. Here today, gone tomorrow, here today

And here's another:  This morning, I had a black screen alternating with a live program EVERY FIVE SECONDS.  I hadn't ever seen this happen on any DVR.  Unplugged the DVR before becoming hypnotized.

I thought of calling DirecTV and asking if they knew of a fix because I knew Comcast customer service wouldn't know what I was talking about.  Kidding.

And lastly:  We were about 20 minutes into a Streampix video when we paused it.  When I pressed RESUME, it went back to the beginning of the video (with no fast forward, naturally). How annoying.

Here's to digital technology.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

You guys are making me very glad I bought a couple of Tivos. Awesome from day 1.

Regular Contributor
Bowmanal

Regular Contributor
Bowmanal

I live in the Memphis area, in Olive Branch MS. I had Comcast at my house on Saturday installing AnyRoom DVR, and as part of that, Guide 2.0. This was actually my third appointment, because on each of the previous two days, dispatching had assigned a contractor who was not qualified to do the installation. Apparently, only in-house Comcast employees have been trained to do this installation.

The tech wwo came was very competent. He installed one RNG200N HD DVR AND two RNG150 HD satellite set-top boxes. The tech worked assiduously communicating with his support organization when necessary. There was apparently one problem he could not resolve. He called another tech who showed up about 30 minutes later, and soon thereafter that problem was resolved. The installation was completed successfully.

Currently, the HD dvr is functioning normally. I can record programs normally, and can play them back on the satellite TVs with no problems. The new Guide 2.0 is a very signs ant improvement. The entire two weeks of guide programming loads in about five minutes, where the old one used to take 12 hours or more. Comcast did a very professional installation once they got the right guys out to my house.

I cannot comment on the infamous problem because on my previous RNG200N, I never experienced the problem. The double reset did fix the Five-hour time issue others have mentioned. I have only two issues at the moment. The HD Zoom button no longer works at all. So far Comcast has no answer for this. Also, so far I have been unable to get the Xfinity TV IPhone app to control any of the TVs or the DVR.
Regular Contributor
Bowmanal

I meant to say the infamous black-screen problem.
Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

Bowmanal,

About the xfinity app...

Did you register and setup your complete profile online on Comcast's website? That's the first holdup.

Second, you have to wait until the paperwork makes it back to Comcast, and they enter the completed work in their system. Once it's updated, you should then be able to have it search for available TVs.

Once I completed the profile and waited about 24 hours, I was able to get it working.
Regular Contributor
Starbrite13613

Regnal,

Every time I remember to look, my favorites have been there. But since I didn't use them before, I don't always remember to try to use it. I'll try to remember to check it more often.

I haven't seen the new flicker problem you've had. I hope I never do! That sounded terrible!

I didn't know about streampix till I read your post the other day. I looked at it briefly, but haven't tried it out. I'll keep your comments in mind when I do though and let you know if I have the same problems.

But at least the constant intermittent flicker/audio loss has remained gone. That is HUGE for me....
New Visitor
dawards0628

[ Edited ]

sorry

New Visitor
dawards0628

[ Edited ]

sorry

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

I just spoke to  the Marketing person from the Sunrise, FL. office. Now here is what she told me - that in my area Boca Raton, FL, which is in a different county, in order to even order Anyroom DVR I would also need to purchase the phone service because there is not enough interest yet in that product in my area.

We did speak about the technical issues I am still having with the current guide that I have and don't know if that will get fixed.

But, I'm wondering why last week the sales person in WPB told me that Anyroom DVR was NOT available in Boca and now this Marketing person said it is, ONLY if you purchase Triple play. This is very confusing to me.

Anyone ever hear of this? Your thoughts???

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

Update on having to purchase phone service w/Anyroom DVR

I called Comcast and this Marketing person from Sunrise, FL who just called me gave me totally incorrect informaiton. The salesperson in the West Palm Beach office told me that  Boca Raton still does NOT have Anyroom DVR and when it does become available you will NOT needs to purchase the phone service.

C'mon guys - you need to get your act together.

Contributor
eden4ever

@anita0817----It seems CC answers to how to fix your problems seem to be order more expensive equipment and or packages.  Wow!!!!!!!!  I give you junk hardware and software, but you can fix this by simply ordering more------LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

eden4ever,

I knew the marketing person had to be giving me incorrect information, so that is why I called the office in West Palm Beach.

I am having huge issues with my current dvr, cisco RNG 200 HD and I thought she was calling me about that issue, not about selling me phone service.

I need a technical person, not someone from marketing. Needless to say, I wouldn't be ordering their phone service anyway, but this seems to be their MO - sell you up and don't fix the problem that you have.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

anita0817 wrote:

eden4ever,

I knew the marketing person had to be giving me incorrect information, so that is why I called the office in West Palm Beach.

I am having huge issues with my current dvr, cisco RNG 200 HD and I thought she was calling me about that issue, not about selling me phone service.

I need a technical person, not someone from marketing. Needless to say, I wouldn't be ordering their phone service anyway, but this seems to be their MO - sell you up and don't fix the problem that you have.

Hello there. The person who called you is in the Comcast Regional Office that oversees multiple Comcast locations in Florida.

New areas get turned on every week in Florida for AnyRoom DVR availability.

It is now available at your specfic address, that is triple confirmed. 

Not all areas of Boca Raton or the West Palm Beach area have AnyRoom DVR available just yet. We expect all of the Boca Raton and West Palm Beach areas to be 100% AnyRoom DVR ready by the end of August.

Typically the AnyRoom DVR installations have been limited to HD Triple Play customers in your area. 

If you want AnyRoom DVR and the new guide, let me know and I can make a request to have an exception granted for you.