New Visitor
Charlotte_T

New Cable box not working

Just went and exchanged my cable box for a new one. Because the old cable box was sticking and not showing guide updates and some channels where out.. now that I have a new box it is not working at all.. No picture, the channel on the box won't go past 0 (zero) and it doesn't do anything but show a black screen on my tv. I have called 4 times and I get the same troubleshooting as I have before.. They have activated my box, said they were sending signals to it.. turn it on and off.. wait 5 minutes to do this or that.. NOTHING.. Still a black screen and the box says zero.. no other lights on the box or anything just a zero. HELP???

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: New Cable box not working

what box is it?   If unplugging it and comcast sending signals to it didn't work either you have a bad box or you have problems with your wiring.  I would try to call again and maybe someone who knows what they are doing can help you.  how do you have it connected to the tv?    try undoing all the connections and then restart and see if anything happens.   if the bot won't even turn on that is a box issue.

Contributor
normanmgates

A "0" means that the box hasn't finished booting up yet, if everything is connected properly it should take no longer than 15 minutes to finish up.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor
KARAVANO

funny, but I have the same exact problem...recieved 2 new boxes via UPS this evening...connected everything correctly...the boxes stay on "0" and wont shut off with remote or by hand....have been online and on phone for hours with comcast....signals have been sent through numerous ...boxes have been unplugged ....still not working....really dont want a techincian out since an old box that i have works fine when connected to the tvs....

aggravated beyond belief....

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The 0 on the boxes confirm they are not activated to your account.

They should be connected and powered up for 1 hour before any attempt to call in and get them activated.

Boxes sent from the fullfilment center need more time online before activation  than boxes that are staged at the local warehouse and picked up at the local office or from a tech vist.

Try another attempt with another Comcast phone agent to get them activated.  Do not use live chat.

New Visitor
Charlotte_T

i have took all wires off many times, nothing so i have one of the small box i took from bed room and that works but im not getting what i pay for, i talked to a comcast worker on y=the side of course he told me the wire on them are not heavy enough but id have to get a order in to have them fix it, well i never het past the  troubl shooter on the phone to pa, im so readyck up there junk

New Visitor
aaronmfisher

I'm having the exact same problem. 2 HD cable boxes by Pace and no signal. One finally displayed and did a software update and displays the Xfinity logo but pressing the power button does nothing.

Not exactly sure where to go from here.