Contributor
dukesilver

Re: New Features for Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco Cable Boxes

rog286713 wrote:

you all should be posting these issues in the xfinitytv app thread, this space is for updates coming to your area.  you will get better traction with responses there.  Most of the problems you are experiencing if dvr manager is in your area is going to be on comcasts end with your account set up

thanks for the suggestion.  posted here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Can-use-DVR-Manager-but-not-change-channels-from-...

New Visitor
jfbbbb1

Has Houston been updated yet?  Everything still looks the same and works has terribly as ever.  Sometimes the DVR is useless with sound cutting out, picture pixelating, shows quitting recording in the middle, etc, etc.  New DVR hasn't helped at all, just made things worse.  Sick of getting new equipment, having to stand in long lines, not enough customer service places & not enough workers in the few centers we have in Houston. When is Comcast going to start providing decent customer service?  Or should we give up and go to Uverse?

Regular Contributor
pudwinker

[ Edited ]

Is Albuquerque NM ready?

Was told that I needed a new DVR Box when I called in, and set up a time to have it done. Well the guy came by yesterday and looked at my DVR and said it was the newest model, I ask him what was wrong. He called his supervisor and was told that Albuquerque was not ready yet for home computers, but for i-pads and i-phones.

Well I don't have any of them but I do have my home computer and it would be nice if Comcast would get it together and know what they have!

Contributor

I'm in Abq and got the new software and it stinks.  Guide is 4:3, operation is slow, AND frame advance no longer works.  Is there a fix in the works Comcast?  Satellite is looking better and better.

JR

New Visitor
Jdsst84

[ Edited ]

this worked for me

thanks soooo much

when I first got to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh the manufacturer was empty.  I went to the manager my DVR page and it started syncing  when looked back at the RH page the manufacturer was listed and I was able to click test.

I changed to Channel 3

Edit spoke too soon

still not "really" working

how do I force it to re-sync?

EDIT #2

I obivously was far to impatient.  Slowly but surely it seems things are starting to happen.  I just need to let sync I guess.  I have been able to "name" my dvr and display the name and I will try other things later

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Contributor

TED, is there a fix for the missing Frame Advance feature that was lost on the SA8300 up/down grade:?

JR

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, FF or play just cancels pause.  Comcast sent me a new/refurb (?) RNG200N that I am going to try out.  Is it a Motorola?  Will it take an external HD like the 8300?

Contributor
frank20603

Just wanted to say I think Comcast went backward not forward on their new Guide screen to 4:3.  Saying the majority of customers see this anyway so we changed it is so wrong.  I hate it and am now waiting for a offer from Uverse.  I never thought my guide in 16:9 was bad in any way.  You customers with 16:9 TV's probably are those buying the biggest packages and spending the most money with Comcast.  Why not have something for those customers instead of taking away from us because we use the newest technology. 

So disappointed in Comcast!!!!

Frank

Bronze Star Contributor
TurnerBrewer

There is nothing "Awesome" about the new IGuide. The user interface is terrible. My feeling is that Comcast will take years to upgrade everyone to the X1 guide. Comcast will only offer the X1 guide to you if you want to pay for Triple Play. Otherwise you are going to get either the A30 guide or the 2.0 guide.
I am not going to pay extra for a guide that should be standard. Every other provider offers their customers some type of HD guide.
I am close to ditching this inferior Tv product and start streaming my shows to the TiVo.

Contributor

Well, bad news on the rng200n: it's not a motorola, but cisco, it too has the small 4:3 guide, AND Frame Advance does not work on it either.  Dang.  Comcast crippled all their dvrs it appears; way to go guys.  Who has the best service and equipment, Dish or Direct?  TIA.

JR

New Visitor
gsuzan

Can you answer when this will roll out in NJ?

Visitor
Sam99

All of the new features sound great - but we have been told numerous times they will be available in our area "Soon(tm)". We have a CISCO RNG200 and none of the iTV or app functions work today. No control from phone, tablet, PC or even TV. We are in the 21043 zip code - any idea when we will actually see this service? I have heard sometime in Q1 but that is wat I heard last year as well

Visitor

When will DVR Manager, Caller ID and multi room DVR be available in the Stafford Virginia market (zip code 22556)?

Regular Contributor

My Dad who has Optinum has had multiroom DVR and caller ID on his TV for years now. He laughs at me when I tell what harware I have. His cable box has a 500GB hard drive in it. Mine has a 160GB hard drive in it. The differences are amzing.

Most Valued Poster

I feel everyone's pain here.  Sheesh.  I received the S25 update in March of 2011.  Prior to that my 8300 with the old SARA software worked awesome with my external 1TB Hard drive and the box was remarkably stable with few glitches and rarely needing a reboot.  I was extremely pleased with my setup, however, like many I longed for the more fancy looking S25 update.  I was a silly, silly man.  

The external hard drive worked with S25 but caused too many glitches.  The most notable of which seemed to manifest itself by causing the box to lose DVR functionality.  Since unplugging the external drive things improved somewhat, but gremlins in the system and do-funnies persist to this day.  

It is almost now a two year wait for the so called S26 patch that will supposedly fix many of the bugs associated with S25.  Really?  Two years.  I am a very patient man, but even Job would be hard pressed to persist after this length of time.  I wonder why?  Is the software update that high tech (I know little of such things) or challenging that an upgrade can take this length of time?  

I have the preferred triple play package which supposedly includes AnyRoom DVR as part of the package but that feature is not active, has been promised for years and quite frankly I have given up on it, yet I continue to pay for it each month.  

I hear from CSR's that Vermont is scheduled to receive the new cloud based guide in the near future (3.0??), but in lieu of past performance how can one take Comcast very seriously about anything they have to say about future upgrades and added services.   

I have to be fair to Comcast in one regard.  They did waive my DVR fees for a year last April because of all the issues I experienced.  I lost that in September due to a technicality when I requested that my DVR be upgraded to an RNG200N to take advantage of the larger 500 GB internal drive.  I regained it again in December when a Comcast CSR upgraded by package from preferred to premier (I hope I have that right) and then discounted the next two years to massage my hurt feeling.  ;-).  

If and when we get S26 I understand that the guide will now be in 4:3 instead of 16:9.  Whose bright idea is that?  Does anyone really still have a 4:3 set anymore?  I am sure there are some, but it cannot be many.  Why? 

Those of us that pay our bill on time and are good valued customers need to be treated better than this.  We deserve the latest technology at a reasonable length of time.  Not because we are special, but because we are paying for it.  This is business, and business needs to be run better than this.  The customer needs to come first. The old cliche' about the customer always being right is old, but still valid today.  Comcast would be well served to remember this and strive to achieve it.  

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

the guide has always been 4:3 for most of the country (motorola)  I can tell you with A28 if your on an hd channel and hit menu it is 16:9 if you are on an sd channel the guide is 4:3.  you can always set the 4:3 override to stretch and it will then fill the screen.

Visitor
tavy64

I watch only HD channels.  No matter how many times someone repeats the SD stretch settings over and over, the fact is my guide is still 4:3 on an HD channel.

I am still unconcerned with what inferior product the rest of the country is used to.  I am not.

This is not a long awaited feature that I hoped for one day.  It worked just fine, and you guys broke it. (laughably, on purpose.)

Comcast should be embarrassed by this "upgrade".

I thought after almost a month I would be less upset by this, but instead everytime I turn my tv on, the first thing I want to do is look up current Dish offers.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

in newer guide versions that will be changed to if your on an hd channel and you hit guide it is full screen. 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Thomcli wrote:

I have a Cisco rng200

Thomcli - are you still having this issue in TX? I did not see any tickets on your account but can get one opened if needed.

As Rog suggested, it can take up to 24 hours for the DVR and the XFINITY TV app to initially syn up.  

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

nnaja wrote:

Ted,

Is there any thing scheduled for the 03031 area in New Hampshire yet?  I was led to believe a few months ago that the new X1 platform would be available by the end of November, but here we are in the middle of December and still no word yet. 

Thanks...

The X1 Experience is expected to be available in your area of New Hampshire this month.

I submitted your information to the local team for consideration.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

comcast ted, any update on x1 for north NJ???  I do see a lot of posters who have this box having issues with certain basic features of the box missing, like being notified of a scheduling conflict and being able to go ahead days in the guide.  When is the x1 update for those features and other bugs coming?  How are those basic features not included in the box when they have been in the dvr'[s since their existance?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

phillyaj wrote:

Ted,

Thanks for keeping everyone updated on the rollouts of the new channel guide.   Understand that the scale and scope of thing kind of change is always challenging.    On a brighter note...The New X1 platform looks AWESOME!!!   Any high-level timelines you can share??.     I would give my first born to be part of a pilot in the Philly/NJ area.   :smileylaugh:

Thanks,

Andy

Hello Andy. The X1 experience is available now in most all of the Philadelphia area. Just give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST. New cable boxes and a professional installation are required.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

jerrich wrote:

TED, is there a fix for the missing Frame Advance feature that was lost on the SA8300 up/down grade:?

JR

Apologies for the experience you descibed.

Our teams are looking into your report now and are attempting to reproduce. The frame-by-frame advance feature using the pause button is expected to work as it did previously.    

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

rog286713 wrote:

comcast ted, any update on x1 for north NJ???  I do see a lot of posters who have this box having issues with certain basic features of the box missing, like being notified of a scheduling conflict and being able to go ahead days in the guide.  When is the x1 update for those features and other bugs coming?  How are those basic features not included in the box when they have been in the dvr'[s since their existance?

I don;t have an update for X1 timing for northern NJ that I can share just yet.

The X1 product team is reviewing the issues reported here on that experience and will respond when they have an update. I can start a separate thread for X1 so that those topics and issues don't get intermingled. .   

Contributor
Thomcli

No.  The problem resolved it self a few days ago.  Works fine via the iPad app now.

Thanks,

Tom...

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

BrandonFranco wrote:

When is the 2.0 Guide launching? A rep said Feburary 2013.

Just to update for the Houston area, the decision was recently made to bypass On-Screen Guide 2.0 in this area and move to directly deliver the X1 Experience (which is the end goal all along). 

This should happen by mid-year.  

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

jfbbbb1 wrote:

Has Houston been updated yet?  Everything still looks the same and works has terribly as ever.  Sometimes the DVR is useless with sound cutting out, picture pixelating, shows quitting recording in the middle, etc, etc.  New DVR hasn't helped at all, just made things worse. 

Yes, Houston has the latest version of the guide with the new features like DVR Manager and Caller ID. 

Apologies for the issues you described. If you send me a PM (Private Message) with your account information and address I can have somone take a look at your account so the teams can troubleshoot yoiur issues. Thanks.  

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

pudwinker wrote:

Is Albuquerque NM ready?

Yes, New Mexico has the latest version of the guide with the new features like DVR Manager and Caller ID. 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

jerrich wrote:

Yes, FF or play just cancels pause.  Comcast sent me a new/refurb (?) RNG200N that I am going to try out.  Is it a Motorola?  Will it take an external HD like the 8300?

All of the Cisco and Scientific-Atlanta branded DVRs support external hard drives including the RNG 200N. 

After review it does appear that the frame advance feature that you referenced was inadvertently removed from this version of the guide. The teams are exploring options and timeframes on how and when to get this feature added back in. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and apologies that this occurred.     

Contributor
dan1431fl

Well it is January and nary a peep regarding the rollout schedule for those unlucky enough to not live the already deployed areas.

I pay my bill each and every month like I am supposed to, but it seems that COMCAST takes their sweet time to provide fixes to their cable boxes so that I can enjoy what I am paying for.

I have had to purchase a timer to reboot my cable box each day at 03:30 while I am sleep so that I can watch TV and not get the dreaded unauthorized message or the litany of other issues that I am many others are experiencing while we wait for COMCAST to upgrade our boxes.

What floors me almost more than anything else is the lack of communication from COMCAST to their techs and call centers. My neighbors are having service calls with the same outcome, the technician comes out says their wiring is fine and the box is defective. My neighbors drive to the nearest COMCAST office and swap out their boxes only for the same issues to occur and nobody from COMCAST says it is a known issue please be patient while we fix these issues. In fact a few of my neighbors when calling have said that I have told them it is a SW issue with their box, but the phone agents insist it is the wiring and schedule a service.

Ted, I have been extremely patient, but I now fed up, I pay my bill in full and on-time each and every month like a customer is supposed to do, but I feel that COMCAST is not holding up its end of the barging and providing me with useable service without any intervention (like setting up a timer to reboot my boxes each day) from the customer.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

gsuzan wrote:

Can you answer when this will roll out in NJ?

I can. The Cherry Hill area is currently scheduled for later this month. The Monmouth County and Ocean County areas are currently scheduled for mid-February.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Sam99 wrote:

All of the new features sound great - but we have been told numerous times they will be available in our area "Soon(tm)". We have a CISCO RNG200 and none of the iTV or app functions work today. No control from phone, tablet, PC or even TV. We are in the 21043 zip code - any idea when we will actually see this service? I have heard sometime in Q1 but that is wat I heard last year as well

Yes, the features you described are included in the guide update that is scheduled for all of our areas where we use Cisco and Scientific-Atlanta branded cable boxes.

We expect to be complete in all areas by the end of March 2013. We have this update now out to 25% of the areas with additional locations scheduled for this month. Thanks for your continued patience,

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

dave123 wrote:

When will DVR Manager, Caller ID and multi room DVR be available in the Stafford Virginia market (zip code 22556)?

We expect to be complete in all areas by the end of March 2013. This update includes the features listed in the initial post. AnyRoom DVR is not included with this update.

We have this update now out to 25% of the areas with additional locations scheduled for this month. Thanks for your continued patience.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

frank20603 wrote:

Just wanted to say I think Comcast went backward not forward on their new Guide screen to 4:3.  Saying the majority of customers see this anyway so we changed it is so wrong.  I hate it and am now waiting for a offer from Uverse.  I never thought my guide in 16:9 was bad in any way.  You customers with 16:9 TV's probably are those buying the biggest packages and spending the most money with Comcast.  Why not have something for those customers instead of taking away from us because we use the newest technology. 

So disappointed in Comcast!!!!

Frank

Sorry that you are disappointed.

To be clear, the previous on-screen guide was not truly 16 x 9, it was just stretched to fill the screen. We feel that the 4:3 ratio when on an HD channel presents a better on-screen image and graphics resolution and yes, it does match the guide experience on millions of cable boxes so there is some continuity.

I understand that you and some others disagree with the decision.  

We do have a true 16 x 9 widescreen guide being deployed across the country now with the X1 Experience - that is the look and feel of where we are headed.

More information here: http://xfinity.comcast.net/x1/

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Opentoe wrote:

My Dad who has Optinum has had multiroom DVR and caller ID on his TV for years now. He laughs at me when I tell what harware I have. His cable box has a 500GB hard drive in it. Mine has a 160GB hard drive in it. The differences are amzing.

Caller ID and other features are scheduled for your area of NJ by mid-February. The SA 8300 DVR that you have now will support an external hard drive of up to 1 TB connected via the e-SATA port on the back of your SA 8300.

Comcast also has DVRs that have 500 GB hard drives; the Cisco RNG 200N is such a DVR that is available if you would like to swap out your DVR. The external hard drive is a better option in my opinion as you would get to maintain your current scheduled recordings and existing recordings.  

Apologies for the delay in getting these features out to you. 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

TiredRetired wrote:

Thanks for your comments and apologies for the issues you described. 

I believe that the upcoming update will resolve most if not all of your current issues and deliver the features that you may have been looking for. 

Apologies that it has taken so long to get the update out. All of our impacted locations are scheduled to get this update by the end of March. I am fairly confident you will see the new features and the fixes in your area this month.

AnyRoom DVR is not yet available in your area and when it is it would be available at an additional price point; the same as we do in our areas where we use Motorola DVRs (AnyRoom DVR is not included with our regular DVR service).

Most Valued Poster

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your reply Ted.  Being left in the loop is half the battle so to speak and it is good to know that finally the update will come sooner than later.

However, I must say I am looking past this update to the so called X1 guide which looks to have the functionality a lot of us here desire. It simply looks awesome.  I have a few questions concerning this guide. 

First, what is the outlook for the guide coming to 05651 area of Vermont in the near future.  I was gratified to  hear that some areas of New Hampshire are getting it next month. Should that give me hope?

Secondly, would you please explain how the cloud based DVR will work.  How much cloud based storage will we have for our recordings?  Will we be able to purchase more storage if we so desire?  Would we be able to access that storage from a computer or mobile device? The latter would be an awesome feature many would like. I know I would.:smileycool:

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

The thing that is particularly galling to me is that we are 2-3 generations behind the programming for the Motorola boxes, yet we pay the same prices. Should Comcast not provide us with the same service? In this day and age, who calls a 4:3 guide an upgrade? As someone else said, the people within the Comcast system who spend the most are users who have DIGITAL services and flat screen TVs that are 16:9.

Ted, you keep telling us about the beautiful X1 guide, but when will the SA community see it?? We've been waiting for the last guide "update" for 2 years and I still haven't got it. It's all fine to tell us all the fancy features that are coming, but WE never see them. They are pie in the sky for the SA crew thru no fault of ours, because your pilot programs come and go before they are rolled out here. We never saw the Tivo/Comcast DVR boxes, we don't have the X1 guides and Comcast has been advertising remote recording via a phone app for 2 years without me having any such functionality.

The saddest part of all is that the SARA guide you took away from me years ago is still a superior guide to what Comcast is giving me today.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

dan1431fl wrote:

Well it is January and nary a peep regarding the rollout schedule for those unlucky enough to not live the already deployed areas.

Additional areas are scheduled for next week and throughout January and into March.
I will be able to announce those areas on Monday. Thanks for your continued patience.    
Official Employee
ComcastTeds

TiredRetired wrote:

Thank you for your reply Ted.  Being left in the loop is half the battle so to speak and it is good to know that finally the update will come sooner than later.

However, I must say I am looking past this update to the so called X1 guide which looks to have the functionality a lot of us here desire. It simply looks awesome.  I have a few questions concerning this guide. 

First, what is the outlook for the guide coming to 05651 area of Vermont in the near future.  I was gratified to  hear that some areas of New Hampshire are getting it next month. Should that give me hope?

Secondly, would you please explain how the cloud based DVR will work.  How much cloud based storage will we have for our recordings?  Will we be able to purchase more storage if we so desire?  Would we be able to access that storage from a computer or mobile device? The latter would be an awesome feature many would like. I know I would.:smileycool:

The X1 Experience is already available to customers in our Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco footprint in New Hampshire.

Additional locations for the X1 Experience will be announced throughout the year. I know that the X1 Product team will be setting up a presence and discussion group on this forum to better answer some of these questions.

A lot of the cloud based DVR technology and business rules are still being discussed, tested and trialed. All of the questions you asked are part of those discussions.     

Contributor
dan1431fl

[ Edited ]

Ted, I do appreciate your presence here and the info that you provide, I do not want that to get lost the in noise.

One question, with the SW update will my box be able to passthrough Dolby Digital sound through the HDMI port which it currently does not seem capable of doing?

Thanks,

Dan

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

class77 wrote:

The thing that is particularly galling to me is that we are 2-3 generations behind the programming for the Motorola boxes, yet we pay the same prices. Should Comcast not provide us with the same service? In this day and age, who calls a 4:3 guide an upgrade? As someone else said, the people within the Comcast system who spend the most are users who have DIGITAL services and flat screen TVs that are 16:9.

Ted, you keep telling us about the beautiful X1 guide, but when will the SA community see it?? We've been waiting for the last guide "update" for 2 years and I still haven't got it. It's all fine to tell us all the fancy features that are coming, but WE never see them. They are pie in the sky for the SA crew thru no fault of ours, because your pilot programs come and go before they are rolled out here. We never saw the Tivo/Comcast DVR boxes, we don't have the X1 guides and Comcast has been advertising remote recording via a phone app for 2 years without me having any such functionality.

The saddest part of all is that the SARA guide you took away from me years ago is still a superior guide to what Comcast is giving me today.

Thanks for your feedback and comments.

The previous on-screen guide in your area was not truly 16 x 9, it was just stretched to fill the screen. We feel that the 4:3 ratio when on an HD channel presents a better on-screen image and graphics resolution and yes, it does match the guide experience on millions of cable boxes so there is some continuity. The 4:3 guide overlay experience when on an HD channel is the exact same experience in our Motorola and SA markets.

The new features (listed in the initial post; DVR Manager, Caller ID, etc.) are already in 25% of our SA-Cisco footprint with the realistic plan to be at 100% by the end of March (including your area of MS).

Customer satisfaction levels for the guide in our SA and Cisco areas are up based on independent third-party phone, in-person and internet surveys with customers that used to have the previous guide and have had this new guide.  Also, On Demand usage is significantly up (both free and transactional programs) as is the number of cable boxes deployed in these impacted areas (as compared to the previous guide).

As with all of our new products, I can tell you that we have tested this guide (using an independent research firm) with real customers in Scientific Atlanta areas in multiple markets and also received much direct feedback on usability. We do conduct many on-going customer focus groups and surveys pre- and post- product deployments so that we can better improve our products and our communications.

As you know, we also have this core guide (or a very similar version of this guide) now in over 26 million Comcast cable boxes across the country. Many other cable companies use this same guide. We continue to do extensive testing and customer research on our on-screen program guides. We are always working to improve the look and add new features that are valuable. Customer feedback is very valuable and is an ongoing process.

A lot of improvements based on this customer feedback are very apparent in our new X1 Experience which is already available in many areas.

The X1 Experience is already available to customers in our Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco footprint in New Hampshire. Additional SA markets are also targeted for this year and will be announced. The long term plan is to get all of our newest cable boxes (regardless of hardware manufacturer or geography) onto a common guide starting in 2013 to provide a more consistent experience. That is underway.  

Additional locations for the X1 Experience will be announced throughout the year. I know that the X1 Product team will be setting up a presence and discussion group on this forum to better answer some of your questions.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

dan1431fl wrote:

Ted, I do appreciate your presence here and the info that you provide, I do not want that to get lost the in noise.

One question, with the SW update will my box be able to passthrough Dolby Digital sound through the HDMI port which it currently does not seem capable of doing?

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for your comments.

It looks like you have two RNG 200 DVRs on your account. The RNG 200s certainly support Dolby Digital sound via the HDMI cables with the guide version that you already have. 

Can you let me know  what you have the HDMI cable connected to out of the RNG 200? Are you also using the SPDIF output?

Can you provide the TV make and model or the surround sound system info? Thanks.  

Contributor
dan1431fl

[ Edited ]

Ted,

Currently 1 RNG200N's HDMI is running into my Onkyo TX-NR717 and it does not seem to be passing through Doly Digital. If I bypass the HDMI cable and use SPDIF from the RNG200N to the Onkyo it does seem to pass Dolybo Digital. I just tripple checked my settings on the Onkyo and it seems I have everything enabled properly.

On the RNG200N Under Audio settings I see TV Speakers/Stereo/Advanced (and under Advanced thereis compression, but nothing like Dolby Digital (like SARA used to offer).

The other RNG200N's is simply hooked up to a TV so no Surround Sound There.

Dan

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

with the box off press menu on your remote, in there you can set your audio to be dolby or pass through.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

dan1431fl wrote:

Ted,

Currently 1 RNG200N's HDMI is running into my Onkyo TX-NR717 and it does not seem to be passing through Doly Digital. If I bypass the HDMI cable and use SPDIF from the RNG200N to the Onkyo it does seem to pass Dolybo Digital. I just tripple checked my settings on the Onkyo and it seems I have everything enabled properly.

On the RNG200N Under Audio settings I see TV Speakers/Stereo/Advanced (and under Advanced thereis compression, but nothing like Dolby Digital (like SARA used to offer).

The other RNG200N's is simply hooked up to a TV so no Surround Sound There.

Dan

Thanks for the info and set up information you provided, that is helpful and I have passed that along to the technical teams for their review. 

Dolby Digital 5.1 is the default audio output when using HDMI cables. 

EDIT: Apologies, I received some additional information from Cisco; the Dolby Digital default is Off for the Cisco RNG 200 boxes. The teams are looking to add that option in so that the Dolby Digital can be defaulted to On or toggled on-off in the on-screen audio set-up menu. 

The SPDIF connection will deliver Dolby Digital 5.1 on the RNG 200.  Apologies for this issue.  

Contributor

FYI for the 8300, the hdmi output has to be OFF to pass DD5.1 to your rx by hdmi.  Make sense?

JR

New Visitor
amitd79

I just signed up with xfinity couple of days ago and cannot seem to get the DVR manager features to work. I am getting the following message:

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

My zipcode is 55343 Hopkins, MN. I was using all these features on directv for over 3 years and am disappointed with comcast being so much behind compared to directv.