Contributor
Accepted Solution

New HD cable box does not display time or channel number

Just installed new Hd box and cannot get it to display time or channel no. on the box LED display. I bring up the cable box setup from the menu and try to set it to show time (or channel no. ) but nothing shows on the box except the power, cable connect, and HD indicator LEDs. How do I get it to show the time?
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: New HD cable box does not display time or channel number

What box do you have?
Contributor

It is an RNG110. Since I posted, I pulled a copy of the RNG110 Operator's Manual and cannot find any reference to the ability of this box to display the information even though the Cable Box Setup in the on screen Menu options has them listed. It may not be an option (bugger!).
Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Unforunately, they use the same software for mulitple models, and it doesn't always disable options that a particular box doesn't support. For example, there is an option to have the outlet on back switched or unswitched. On boxes with outlets, most do not support switching anymore. The same goes for the 'RF Bypass' option. Turning it on often causes the REC light to turn on when you turn the box off.
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

The RNG110 doesn't have a front panel display, so it can't very well display time or channel.
Contributor

After perusing the operator's manual that I downloaded, I sort of figured that out. Thanks for the reply.
New Visitor

Where did you find the manual for the RNG110? Could you forward it to me as Comcast's help desk leaves something to be desired.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg