New Visitor
delta1996

New cable box, no clock?

I just received the new cable box from comcast and there is no time displayed.  Am i missing something here or do they come with out  clocks.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: New cable box, no clock?

which box is it? 

New Visitor
sertafour

New cable box, no clock?

I just received the new cable box from comcast and there is no time displayed.  Am i missing something here or do they come with out  clocks.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

New smaller full boxes do not have any display's, just  a few LED's.  The Pace RNG110, Moto DCX3200, DCX3200R2/RNG150n are some of the new boxes without a display.

New Visitor
me8072

On some boxes, you set the clock to be viewed in the menu, under setup cable box.

New Visitor
Mary_Customer

We just "upgraded" to the RNG150N and there is no clock display. I don't understand why that would not be a standard part of ANY cable box. I find myself looking at the box constantly to check the time!

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

simple cable boxes not dvr's don't have the time display for the most part.

New Visitor
Mary_Customer

I didn't think this was a "simple cable box" though. We were told it would allow us to access more HD features. However, if I had known I would love the clock, I would have stayed with what I had. I simply don't understand Comcast... prices go up while features go down. 

Contributor
anotoneher

Not sure which box you have... but press menu twice on remote, then cable box settings and select to show the clock.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

You will see in my earlier post the Cisco RNG150 HD box doesn't have a display to show the channels or clock.  This makes the box smaller and cheaper. 

Visitor

You are 100% correct Mary! The new comcast boxes without the DVR feature do not have a clock nor do they have a message reminder light. I also enjoyed having a clock display as well as knowing the channel i was tuned too but i was told by the people behind the window at the service center that the larger Motorola set top boxes with the clock and the channel display will no longer be available to customers as Xfinity kicks in ....so the price goes up while the features go down and name gets changed and nothing gets better! 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

large motorola boxes will no longer be available, that is totally not true, the higher end boxes have the display. 

Visitor

rog286713 wrote:

large motorola boxes will no longer be available, that is totally not true, the higher end boxes have the display. 

What I meant Rog is what I was told by the repair center supervisor when I inquired about it...Is that the larger Motorola set top box WITHOUT the DVR and clock will no longer be available to comcast users....maybe you should inquire with the repair center near you and see what they tell you? I was disappointed when I heard that news and gave the supervisor my 2 cents worth but it wasn't worth more than 2 cents to her.She said "forget it"...Xfinity will be using small set top boxes without clocks but only those without a DVR inside...those with a DVR will still have a clock and display for programming I am assuming.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

got it, thanks

Official Employee
ComcastTeds