Contributor

No MSNBC and a few ohers on DVR boxes after digital switch

Comcast Leesburg Fl just switched to all digital. On both digital HDTV DVRs I am getting the "you need a digital box prompt"   I thought the DVR were digital boxes. Smells like a conspiracy to me

Whent on tech chat - he supposedly rest the boxes. Went home at lunch same story - No MSNBC and a few ohers , just the splashscreen you need digital equipment... even did a hard reboot of the units - the 2 are the same so it has to be on their sde.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: No MSNBC and a few ohers on DVR boxes after digital switch

If you have Comcast supplied DVR's then you should not be seeing any messages.  All Comcast supplied DVR's are digital, and some of the older ones had both digital and analog tuners. 

If you are seeing messages about the digital transition, please call into Comcast support. If they can't get the boxes programmed properly then Comcast should send out a tech to replace the DVR's.

Contributor

Thanks - It is strange - just a few channels no logic to it  27 43 53 56

Contributor

I tried again last night with support. They essentialy don't have a clue why it is happening . She tested the box and said it is compatable an sent a reset signal with no change resulting . The kitchen tv that has a digital tuner is getting exactly the same results on the same channels. She also said if the conversion is complete I would not get any signal on that TV . It appears that she is doing help from a computer prompt screen and is unaware of what is actually going on. . It will remain a mystery for the forceeable future and I will get MSNBC through the computer for now as I don't have the time to waste getting a non answer.