New Visitor
tvforme47
Accepted Solution

No sound on some channels

No sound on some channels. Other work fine.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: No sound on some channels

Hello,

When I had this problem it is a network issue. What I did was called comast and they had to contact the individual network and they got it fixed within 24-48 hrs.

New Visitor
TXProud01

Check and make sure SAP (Secondary Audio Program) isn't turned on on your tv.  It could be a button on your tv remote but may have to be accessed through the menu.  The button probably won't say SAP but might say MTS.  If it's a Motorola cable box, go into the menu, settings, audio settings and make sure it's set to channel default and not spanish.  If there isn't a second language on a certain channel or show, sometimes it will not have any audio on that channel or during that particular show.  If that doesn't work call and schedule a service call

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

If it is a DTA remote, check the LANG button.

Contributor

I was having that problem when I turned the TV on. I called and they said it was a faulty box. Just hooked up a new cisco box. Works fine except for channel 211.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

I find it hard to believe that a faulty box causes no audio on just certain channels. Anything's possible, but I don't think so.

New Visitor
jimb19012

Related to this SAP issue is that potential that the audio receiver that routes sound through the optical cable from the DVR or DTA to the speakers could be piping different tracks.  This was the case for me as I must have inadvertantly switched which audio track was playing.  In my case, I switched to the Spanish track and could only hear sound on some channels with the Comcast box set on Spanish.  I'm not exactly clear how this all works, but when I reset the receiver audio to its normal mode, all sounds worked fine.  A generic approach here is to cycle through the receiver audio settings in case that is a source of the trouble.  Good luck to all.  This can be a real buggaboo.

New Visitor
Jim_in_PA

EASY FIX

The answer is already listed above here.  For the DTA adapter - press the Lang (Language) button on the remote.   Here's what happened - that same button got bumped and it switched the language to "Spanish."  Some stations that don't broadcast in Spanish simulcast English of both audio/language streams --- and some do NOT. So-o-o you get audio on some stations and not on others.  

Press the Lang button and switch it back to English and the sound comes back.    

New Visitor
Tom_in_MN

To Jim_in_ PA,

Thanks.  My wife thinks I'm a genius.

New Visitor
bmmikel

Gotta love forums, had no sound on one channel.... found this forum and the lang button suggestion, fixed.  Thanks to all.

Contributor
SSSST

So that is what it was? So obvious I missed it completely!! Thanks

Contributor

That was the fix!  Just change the language on the remote back to English, all the sound is working now.