New Visitor

No sound with HDMI, no color with 5 cable connection

Until last night, our DVR box was working fine with HDMI cable.  We didn't change a thing and today had no sound with HDMI.  Tried plugging and unplugging, resetting, on/off, finally went and got a different box from Comcast.  I plugged this one in and still have no sound with HDMI.  When I connect using the 5 cable set given to us by Comcast, I get sound, but picture in black and white.  Any ideas as to what is going on and how I can fix it?  I have perfect sound and picture with BluRay player and playstation, so it is not the TV.  Also have switched out HDMI cords, so it is not a faulty cord.  Help please!
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: No sound with HDMI, no color with 5 cable connection

If you're using a Motorola DVR try changing the HDMI audio settings here.  The component (5 cable) connectors should work, too.  They may require changes in the TV video settings.
Contributor

I have the same issue.  Last night the sound dissappeared with HDMI.  I can get sound with the component settings.  I've gone through all the menus on the TV and DVR (Scientific Atlanta Expl. 8300HD) with no luck.
Regular Problem Solver
jjv124

drinkcoke wrote:
I have the same issue.  Last night the sound dissappeared with HDMI.  I can get sound with the component settings.  I've gone through all the menus on the TV and DVR (Scientific Atlanta Expl. 8300HD) with no luck.

It's on HDMI on the audio setting under the DVR?  If that's the case I'd call comcast and see if they can either give you some better answers or get the box changed for you.

Contributor

I called Comcast. They had me unplug the DVR for 30 seconds or more, then they sent some kind of signal after I plugged it back in.  Waited for it to boot back up, turned everything on and I had sound.  YAY!