New Visitor
Teri80124

Outage in Colorado

Internet seems to work.  Is there a cable outage in Colorado?  What is estimated time until it will be fixed.  My account says all are out, but phone and Intenet seem to work. 

New Visitor
jimmyzco

Re: Outage in Colorado

Seems to be an outage, I'm in Littleton.  On hold now for 25 minutes to speak with a Comcast rep.

New Visitor
mom2boys3girls

I get a busy signal when calling from my cell phone. I haven't checked anything except my TV, but it's out. It must be a big outage.
New Visitor
iamafurling

I was on hold for 40 minutes before I gave up.  Our phone and internet are working, but cable is out.

New Visitor
Toxdoc

Internet working in Snowmass Village. Local access channels working. No national cable channels working.
New Visitor
Wallacjm

Outage in Lakewood, called a couple of times, phone rings about 4x's then disconnects.  Guess they're tried of people calling to find out what the heck is happening. 

New Visitor

I'm in Westminster, and it seems to be out. Tried resetting the cable box several times, but that didn't help. That online "live chat with an analyst" is a joke ... no one responds.

New Visitor
hrlady

Same here (north of denver, east of loveland).  Got internet and phone . . . just no tv.  Anyone have updates on when service will be restored?

New Visitor
MikeMac80022

Outage in Commerce City/Reunion. No cable/Internet/phone. Good thing I have DVR! Need something to watch while I have my coffee!
New Visitor
sharon531

For a company making billions you think they could at least post the fact that there is an outage rather than forcing you through 8.28  minutes of extremely annoying, and obviously useless, phone menus. Comcast is fortunate they have a monopoly on good internet or I would be gone to somehing else long ago. 

One way you can spot a company that isn't really trying hard anymore is there lip service to customer service, with success in select areas, but failure to react in a meaninful manner when something goes wrong that's not on their corporate "action list". We'll see tepid apologies and they, rightly, will expect us to just go on watchin TV>

Again, but for the internet, comcast would have already lost my money.

New Visitor
WillisMack

My TV is out but phone and internet are working.  I live near Parker.  I called support and a recorded message said outage should be resolved within 3 hours

New Visitor
inbreck

Same problem in Summit County. At least I can watch Gameday online, but if this isn't fixed by the time the games start, I'm going postal. Or is that cable? Especially annoying since our monthly bill just went up $40.
New Visitor
sharon531

I understand there are technical difficulties, but I am missing my cartoons with my coffee.  I will never forgive this inconsideration, ever. Oh they're back on now... Still, missed rescue...

New Visitor

TV has been out in Colorado Springs since 6:45 this morning.  I agree that Comcast should have a message stating that they are aware of the problem.

New Visitor
Chralison_Blank

Cable out here in Denver - unincorporated Arapahoe county; internet working just fine.

New Visitor
Toxdoc

Cable is back at 8:30am in Snowmass Village.
New Visitor

We are also in Littleton no cable internet and phone fine gave up call in after 40+ minutes as well.  Does anyone have an eta on restoring.

New Visitor
jekm

So, how come the TV Guide listing on 104 works?  And locally, 14 (education) and 16 (government)are on...

New Visitor
sharon531

Back off. With no cartoons to watch I feel obligated to continue flaming.

One single web tech could have made this clear on the internet. Why didn't this happen?  You know why.  This is a huge company and even though some executives may know that in the end the customer preception is what makes thier margin, they really don't care enough to make that happen "on the ground". We are just an inflated monthly payment to them and their monoply biased arrogance really doesn't leave room for any meaningful reaction to such an inconvience as we have now.

In short: they really don't care about us.

They will eventually fix this and they know you, and I, will go on watching our games, soaps,sitcoms, etc, and continue to send them a check every month because we are basically to apathetic to make any change. 

I guess the good that may come of it all is that some poor mother will decide to take her kids outside for a walk before they tear the sheetrock off the walls becasue there are no cartoons...

New Visitor
Toxdoc

Cable off again in Snowmass Village at 8:50am
New Visitor
AJ31J

Outage in downtown Denver as well. Does anyone know what Comcast's SLA is in place for their customers? I want every penny back for the downtime that is occurring. 

New Visitor
Cricket5454

Same deal in Highlands Ranch. I actually talked to technical service. Yes, big outage from servicing some main distribution boxes. She said should be up in 40 min ( this was 45 min ago) but could be up to 3 hrs. Call in when service is restored and they will credit today. Still no service at 930am
Visitor

We are out of service in south denver -I've never had any refund ever from Comcast regardless of how often or for how long we have had outages.  They should be able to know how many customers are impacted and for how long - and good customer service would be to just refund 24 hours and sorry for the  inconvenience.  Pretty sure a refund won't happen. Pretty sure every single customer will be required to get on the phone and be on hold forever and request it - and may or may not get it - that's just wrong.

New Visitor
BYack

In Centennial, CO - Error message S0a00 keeps promising me channel will be available shortly, but it's been a few hours. Unplugged box and plugged back in, now no guide information, but still a message promising me channel will be available in a few minutes. Tried tech support Chat online - waited 10 minutes and NO tech answered. Seems to be a bigger problem than Comcast can handle. Internet and phone working. I don't watch TV, someone please remind me why I pay over $120 per month to spend at least 2 hours per month trying to get a service issue resolved. Guess it could be worse, I could be a DishTV customer. :-)

New Visitor

They do have a message stating they are aware of the problem and working on it. I first saw the message at 7:00 this morning and it is still there.

I never even thought of calling Comcast and sitting on hold, just looked at the Comcast site, saw the message and went about my business.

New Visitor
Cricket5454
New Visitor

The outage seems to be state wide. As I understand it there was a fire at their head end. They believe it was arson so they need to wait until the investigation is complete to begin repairs. No word on how long. I wouldn't bother calling either. Nobody seems to get through. I find it disappointing they haven't attempted to contact anyone with any info.
Contributor
screen

Called Comcast (waited for ever) and found out there are problems with cable in Colorado. No specifics...

Visitor

Just called and asked about receiving a refund, and was told that unless the outage was for "the whole day" there would be no refund to my account. She couldn't realy clarify what "whole day" meant except that it was "not just a few hours."

New Visitor
masterdka

Have TV, Internet and Phone in Parker but the on demand service is not working.  Did a reboot of the box rebuilds guide but still no on demand.

Contributor
screen

9:55 Centennial TV HDTV and OnDemand started working (right before football game lol)

New Visitor
sharon531

I just logged out and logged back in; still no message.  You really think I should have to go looking for a message of why my service is down?  Yes, channel 9 did report something, but my TV is out, remember? In spite of all my complaining, when the TV didn't come on, I just started in working. The point is I pay for a service and Comcast has the technology to communicate this so that a person can easily know what is going on and change plans, without calling, with out looking around on the internet or Comcast's site, but they didn't. That's incompetence.  You can make excuses for them if you like, but for a $100/month I really do expect more. We'll see what they try to do to make it right...

New Visitor
joekathee

chat with a tech; get a ticket ref number and request a refund for down time

New Visitor
joekathee

Comcast needs to be proactive. With no forewarning of a known outage, customers start fooling around with cables and equipment that may cause damage or more problems.

New Visitor
bumatnet

Sharon, as much as I hate and loathe Comcast, it's not that difficult to log in to your account and click on Support and see the large Connection Status box on the right side of the page that clearly states there is a problemin the area and they're working on fixing it. Sure they could give more detail and an estimated fix time.

How you expect them to contact you and thousands of other subscribers any other way is lost on me.

Just because you're to incompentant to check a website doesn't mean they haven't tried to give some notification.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

:smileydevil:

The whole state is out.  Big fire.

New Visitor
kristys

9 NEWS said 11:AM.

New Visitor
Cricket5454

Back on in Highlands Ranch.
New Visitor
bumatnet

Back up in Cherry Creek

New Visitor

No Comcast TV here in Denver ALL DAY!!

Got up about 6am and had TV for about a half hour. Then went black about 7am and has been dead ever since. It is now 7:40pm here. Called Comcast twice and just got the recording that service was out in our area.

it has been 12 hours now and is still not working. Missed a lot of football games today that I wanted to see.

Wife is very unhappy as well.

Not happy here........

New Visitor

Re: No Comcast TV here in Denver ALL DAY!!

Still nothing. Called twice, emailed and tried 'chat' on this site. No responce from anyone. Have been a very happy customer of Comcast until today.

New Visitor
Chr15

Same here in Sarasota, FL...so much for Football and Nascar!  Thanks Comcast!!!

Recognized Contributor
jtmal0723

BobCoen wrote:

Still nothing. Called twice, emailed and tried 'chat' on this site. No responce from anyone. Have been a very happy customer of Comcast until today.

If your service is out due to Comcast's control (which it sounds like it is) you are eligible for a credit for every 24 hours it is out. I would try calling customer service after 9am local time, as the regular weekday crew will be in, and most of them are competent. I would ask them a) credit for your hardships, b) for a technician to check on the service outage in your area.

New Visitor
focojoe

no cable since 10/28/2012, nothing on website. I cannot afford to waste minutes on cellphone waiting on hold for a non-definitave answer, again. It is now Oct. 30 and now the local channel work, all 4 of them.....it is really a battle to get any information that is factual from this company :smileysad: