New Visitor
philo44

PA PR150BNM HD Box and infrared receiver

Just had two of these  PA PR150BNM HD boxes installed along with the X1 DVR. Everything works great, except that one of the HD boxes is somewhat hidden from the remote and I defintely need an auxilary infrared sensor unit. Question is, is this available for the  PA PR150BNM HD Box? There is a jack (infrared rcvr) for this on the back of the box. 

Official Employee
ComcastNick

Re: PA PR150BNM HD Box and infrared receiver

I believe that the IR jack on those boxes is capable of working with an extender, but we only offer then for our DTA boxes.  You can purchase an aftermarket one, but we would be able to support any issues that you might have with the extender.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

ComcastNick wrote:

I believe that the IR jack on those boxes is capable of working with an extender, but we only offer then for our DTA boxes.  You can purchase an aftermarket one, but we would be able to support any issues that you might have with the extender.

"You can purchase an aftermarket one, but we would be able to support any issues that you might have with the extender."?

I would take a trip to my local Comcast outlet and see if I would talk one of the people there to give you an IR extender (possibly from another DTA), explaining to them that you didn't get one with yours??

New Visitor
philo44

Thanks for the reply, ComcastNick. An extender allows for a lot more options in the placement of the HD box. Comcast/Xfinity should offer them for the PA PR150BNM HD Box as well as the DTA. I know a lot of people would utilize these. 

New Visitor
philo44

Thanks, Ed. I'll give this a try and let you know how I make out.