Recognized Contributor
KuyaBill

PA PR150BNM and PA PX001ANM set top box problems

[ Edited ]

I switched from DirecTV to Xfinity/Comcast, and I am extremely disappointed with the quality of the equipment. I have to reset the HD box almost daily, and the HD/DVR box about once a week. The HD box will not load in the morning, and I will have to unplug and plug back in several times before it will complete a reboot. The HD/DVR box seems to lock out several of the remote functions, and I have to reboot to get full functionality. No manuals were supplied with either box, the "welcome" kit does not describe the same menu system or remote, and no manuals are shown online. Is this normal? If so, why is Comcast still in business? 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: PA PR150BNM and PA PX001ANM set top box problems

that is not the way its suppose to be.    what do you mean the hd box won't load?  are you leaving these box's on?  you should.    What functions of the remote are being locked out?   you are correct there are no manuals, for the box what you most likely want is a guide how to use the comcast interface, or software that is in the guide.  Yes it is normal to not get anything with the box, there aren't many controls and its pretty simple.

In this day and age you can find anything online with a simple search.  Here is one example of the guide you can find many more like this.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/newguide/ComcastDigital_DVRUserGuide_MOA2810.pdf

If I were you I would call for service something is not right with your install.

Recognized Contributor
KuyaBill

Thanks for no help. 

New Visitor
diana86

I also have this box and run into constant problems.  I have the HD DVR box X1 platform and I have to unplug mine daily.  I tried the first month I had it to leave it always on, but I always had problems so I started turning it off nightly unless I knew of a program set to record.  I have been told by numerous techs that have come out that "the x1 platform just acts like that" and that they "can't do anything about it" and that even if they replace it, the new one will do the same exact thing

Recognized Contributor
KuyaBill

diana86 wrote:

I also have this box and run into constant problems.  I have the HD DVR box X1 platform and I have to unplug mine daily.  I tried the first month I had it to leave it always on, but I always had problems so I started turning it off nightly unless I knew of a program set to record.  I have been told by numerous techs that have come out that "the x1 platform just acts like that" and that they "can't do anything about it" and that even if they replace it, the new one will do the same exact thing

It's a love/hate thing. If you are having to reset the box that often, I would have a tech come out. I already had one box replaced, and that has a few different quirks as well, My other box seems to have a few bad spots in the dvr media, I don't know if that is a hard drive or a flash drive, but eventually I will have to swap that out once I get done watching all my recordings. The equipment sucks, but hopefully things will get better. I wonder when we can record 4 programs at a time as they started advertising on TV this weeek...

Visitor
roxanne2219

kuyabill  howdy my friend.  i love the part "WHY ARE YOU STILL IN BUISNESS"   i see the reboot 4am everyday,   try this on for size and please let me know if u get this one.

i have recordings that end with 15 seconds left to nhl game,    i have baseball change channels or recording jst dont record   in 9th 2 outs

i mention it and it happens   and i realized theres a camera and mic in the dvr boxes as one person from 1800comcast or xfinity care to share.   no mr bailey.   were not watching you.  it for entertainment.

i get up and walk away a screen saver pops up.    channels change by itself,    recording dont record on the game i mention.    in the deleted files i see nothing in this file deleted.  

i am in major dispute and 85 calls they care to share with me and a 1k first month bill.  

and phone that wont let only mom  from calling me. 

but i got one heck of a dvr.   the x1 box.    oh   it the first of first not to have a reminder on it.  but they sure do have a billing reminder.