New Visitor
garyaudette

Picture In Picture

I did not see any explanation from Comcast regarding the elimination of PIP. How and why was that decided and why wasnt it communicated?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Picture In Picture

here is an overview of the new guide with a question and answer with a comast rep at the end.  Do a search for PIP on the site.  Basically there reason is that only 20% of comcast customers had the feature so in order to bring everyone to the same platform that feature had to be eliminated as its never been part of the other 80% features.

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-guide-for-scientific-atlanta-cable-boxes.html#more

Regular Problem Solver

also some info here: http://xfinity.comcast.net/meetyourguide/

My DVR used to have Picture in Picture (PIP)? What happened to PIP?
PIP is no longer a feature available with this guide. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. There are many new and exciting features available with the new guide, including improved navigation, additional program listings, enhanced DVR functionality and improved parental controls. If you would like to watch multiple programs at once, you may want to check out http://www.xfinity.com/, where there are many online programming options available.

Regular Contributor

Well that bites. The only time I would use PIP was during football season and now that's gone. Guess I'll rely on my old trusty laptop for the 2nd picture.

New Visitor
Miltudog

I'm not interested in your new products other than Picture in Pictuce. As always, your company has no regards for the consumer. Your company should have sent out a notice informing everyone.
New Visitor
bobschrumpf

I agree - COMCAST did us PIP owners no favors here!

New Visitor
kgags4907

Extremely disappointed...actually OUTRAGED!!!  Paying more for less ... this is the most important feature ... who cares about ON DEMAND ... really.  Received the new INFINITY box + remote ... the newest remote has the button PIP ... put it back in!!!

New Visitor
Shadow653

I just got the Motorola DCX3400 HD DVR. I looked in the user guide on Motorola's website and was thrilled that I would finally have PIP!! I tried to turn it on with my remote (the PIP buttons on the bottom) and it wouldn't work. Called Comcast customer support and he walked me through the steps to turn PIP on, "press the on/off button on the PIP menu, press the + or - button, blah blah blah". Even this guy apparently didn't know the PIP feature was removed. Lame. He told me to unplug my DVR, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in, try it again. And if it didn't work then (of course it didn't), call back and schedule a tech to come out. That's when I found this thread. I wonder if the local tech knows the PIP feature was removed. Big time bummer!

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Actually the Motorola boxes never had the PIP enabled on Comcast systems.  The Scientific Atlanta / Cisco DVR's are the ones that the PIP was recently removed.

New Visitor
mckee77

I loved PIP during Football season too. So, I went to Comcast and rented the small Standard Def tuner box which is $2 a month.  So you basically have 2 tuners. 1 from the 3400 and one from the SD box. I tended to watch the RedZone in HD from the 3400 and the local games in SD.  It's a little clunky and not beautiful in SD, but since the picture is not full screen, it works!

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Since this tread was from 2011, it is out of date and now locked.