Visitor
coogee

Picture in Picture Buttons on Remote

Is anyone able to use these?  I have a Samsung TV with PIP capability, but none of the remote codes will get it to work.  Or is this just for DVR's or newer cable boxes?

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Re: Picture in Picture Buttons on Remote

To use your TV'S PIP capability you will need to hook it up to two video sources. It is not a function of the comcast cable box.

Visitor
coogee

OK  TV is set up for cable for main picture and TV off air for sub picture.  All works OK when I use TV remote, but does not respond to comcast remote when set to TV function..  I just wondered whether anyone has gotten the comcast remote to work the PIP

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

coogee wrote: ... All works OK when I use TV remote, but does not respond to comcast remote when set to TV function. ...

The PIP button on the Comcast remote was for use with dual-tuner DVRs in areas that used Scientific Atlanta equipment. Chances a slim you will be able to use that button to control PIP on your TV, and Comcast has discontinued support for PIP in its equipment. See http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-guide-for-scientific-atlanta-cable-boxes.html#comment-49026, comment by Ted Hodgins on May 24, 2012 at 1:41 PM.

Visitor
coogee

Thanks, Bruce.  That answers my question.  And yes, Barbie, I did try all the codes in the online user guide, which were more than the codes in the instructions that came with the Comcast remote.  Thanks to both of you for replying.