Visitor

Picture on TV Blinks Off Intermittently

Hello-

I have a CISCO RNG150N box and I subscribe to HDTV.  For the past few weeks the HD channels blink off sometimes every minute like they are doing today. When it blinks off, the screen goes black and there is no sound. I can watch the same show on the non-HD channel without experiencing blinking. The TV is only a few months old.  

I called tech support and after all sorts of troubleshooting, I was told to bring the box in for an exchange. I did that and the problem still exists. Please advise what should be my next step. Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Re: Picture on TV Blinks Off Intermittently

[ Edited ]

You should have Comcast send a tech out to identify the cause of the problem and correct it. If the tech finds the cause to be bad connectors or cable in your home, you'll probably have to pay for the visit. If the trouble is outside, you shouldn't be charged.

Contributor

This sounds like what I have been experiencing too.  I am with Comcast in Maryland.  Where are you?

Visitor

I am in south Florida.  I live in a gated community and the cable is buried except for the portion that is outside our homes. 

Contributor
1or2

First, try exchanging the box for another one. You may have one going bad. An exchange should not cost you anything.

Contributor
janetlee110

I have problems with my cable tv for several weeks and I don't have HD. I did everything they said, check the cables, etc and got a new cable box. I would suggest calling Comcast to get a tech to see where the problem is. I ended up doing that and waiting for the tech to come this weekend.

Contributor

Here's something that has seemed to work for me, for the past week straight.  Unplug your settop box and leave it unplugged for about 20 minutes.  Then plug it in again and let it reboot.  My problem went away with this simple step.  I hope it lasts.

Contributor

Nashville having the same issues. I suspect Comcast has oversold service.