New Visitor
Accepted Solution

Picture size too big

We just installed the HD/DVR box where we have a flat screen tv.   The picture is ok, but too big for the screen.  I have tried to adjust by pressing Guide/Menu while cable box is off.  I can see the options, but only get 1080 as an option on size.  Please advise so we can see the entire picture.....everyone's heads are cut off and on sports we cannot even see the scores.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Picture size too big

First, check the zoom button or somthing similar on the TV's remote to try and resize your screen.

New Visitor

Thanks for the reply, I did that.  All other options, wide, stretch and normal, leave a black frame around the picture.  Why can't we see the whole picture without a frame--have it fit the screen?  We never had this issue before getting the box.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

You should leave it on normal, and then make sure you are tuning into High Def channels.  On many SD channels, and depending on the channel and programming, you will get bars all around the screen, as nothing is standard anymore.  The push is for more 16:9 programming being send down both SD and HD channels, and on a SD channels,  that will cause bars on all sides.

You should attempt to make sure you are tuning into HD channels at all times, and not the SD version.

New Visitor

Thank you so much, seems to make a difference already.  So glad I posted here.

New Visitor
Islandgirl111

How do I adjust the picture size on my TV with the clicker.  I do have a HD TV and do use the HD channels but every time I try to make the picture smaller, it still stays too large for the screen.

thank you

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Use the remote that came with your TV, not the Comcast remote. Try the different options that are in your TV menu.

New Visitor
dcc222

I have this problem, but I don't have a Comcast remote?  I have a Motorolla DCT3412 I DVR / Cablebox. I can't find any option to turn it off in any of the menus.  Is there a workaround?