Visitor

Picture size

Why doesn't the picture fit my TV screen  even when I change the aspect ratio on the TV?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Picture size

Are you using a cable box?  Which one?  What channels are you having problems with?  Do you have an HD TV?  How is your TV connected to the cable?  In what way does the picture not fit the TV screen?

Visitor

RNG110   HDTV  connected with HDMI    when the picture is on the writing or symbols are barley visible at the edge of the screen

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

If the problem is with HD channels, you may need to make adjustments on the TV.  If it's with non-HD channels, you may have the picture zoomed.  There are picture settings for the box you can access by turning off the box with the remote and then hitting the "Menu" button.  Check your TV manual for TV adjustments.

New Visitor

Since they added the new TV Guide the menu button no longer allows user to zoom the picture size, so everything except high definition appears as a tiny picture.  It's like having a 19-inch picture on my 25-inch screen.  There are complex ways to stretch the picture, but that looks weird.  Zoom is gone.  If this is not fixed fast we will soon be switching our 4 TVs and 3 computers to Verizon FIOS.  If Wall Street figures this out before comcast does, the smart guys will be shorting Comcast stock down, down, down.

New Visitor
bill_bryan

On the xfinity remote control there is HD Zoom button located at the lower right that changes the size of the picture so it will fit to your television.