Contributor
speedytaz

Plain black little Comcast receivers

Ever since Comcast last August, 2011, Comcast did a proper prepost on the apartment where I live the little black plain boxes have been either freezing up or no picture or no sound. I reported it from September of 2011, along with Internet problems starting again. Asked comcast to check the wiring from the outside to see if when they did the proper prepost, something did not get screwed up. Til this day they have not done anything. I recently had to exchange my hd digital box and had problems getting that set up to where I'd get all my stations , they had to send a tech out Thursday January 2012, to do it because they could not just send a signal to the new box. The tech had to do several things in order to get my stations back. I did not know the little black plain box in the living room still did not have sound on some of the stations. Im tired of contacting Comcast about these problems month after month. When I called Tuesday , January 3,2012, I specifically asked for th to send a tech to check out the wore outside the building to make sure there was no problem out there. That did not happen yet. The plain black box in the livingroom is still without sound on some channels. I have a little over 7 months left on my contract. I'm getting ready to contact the attorney General and show theme cell phone logs for the last 15 months on how many times I called Comcast for Internet again, and now since September about the boxes, along with the numerous numbers I called dealing with Comcast , to resolve the newer issues from Augudt of 2011.
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Plain black little Comcast receivers

[ Edited ]

If you have no sound on some channels on a DTA digital adapter, please push the "LANG" button on the lower end of the remote.

dta.JPG

Contributor
speedytaz

Okay, the sound comes and goes on this particular box. Not on my hd digital box, but, just the plain black box. It along with the other little black box started with these problems after August 2011, after the proper prepost. Why would the sound or picture start acting up if there was not a problem with the wiring outside..? Never had a problem with the cable ( television) part until after August 2011. I repeatedly told I think she was a supervisor , Tuffany from the forums area, about this back in August or at least in September the early part of September 2011. She quit answeringy calls nor did she call me back affect I've left messages. Then I started calling the 800 number and being put on hold for a period of 45 minutes or more time after time. I just started to unplug or tell my sister and brother in law, to unplug and count to 30, then plug it back in. They've done it a couple of times since then and I've done it a few times since then. I finally on Tursday , January 3,2012, after my box cut off contacted Comcast to dj what was ging on and because I knew I was having problems with my On Demand, knew I had to exchange my hd digital box. More problems for the box I received at te exchange could not be programmed over or thru Comcast, that's why they sent a tech out to get me all the channels I was suppose to get. Originally he was suppose to check wiring I thought. Things did not work out he said according to him the wire to my box was fine. That was it, I told him about the little black box in the living room and he said that was a different problem not wire or signal.
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will contact the local group to fix your issues.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Contributor
speedytaz

Now my next question is , " Why do I have to come to this forum when I call Comcast several times to tell them what's going on and to get these problems resolved?"
Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Thank You
-Keisha-
Contributor
speedytaz

The people from Comcast/X-finity, do not listen to what the customer keeps over and over asking them to do. I asked Shawna from the 800 number about getting a tech put to check the outside wiring from my apartment going into the basement or sub basement and to the apartment buildings cable box at the end of the buildings and at the poles. That did not happen. Kenneth Sakol asked him to have a tech do the same, he calls me back on January 12,2012, and says to me he has a new hd digital box to switch out. After I've been strictly saying tech check outside wiring over and over and over again. Today , Sunday, January 15 th, 2012, all day my service on everything from the hd digital box to the plain black boxes to my Internet and phone have been on and off thru out the entire day. I called the 1-888, number and asked what was going on the person did not know. I've been doing these complaints on this forum because my cell phone Internet is so much more reliable then Comcasts. I will be contacting the Attorney General either tomorrow or Tuesday and finding out what I can do about the lame service I've been getting from Comcast. Any one who reads this please do not get the triple play from Comcast. You will regret it. I have since September of 2010. I have about 7 months left and I am hoping to out of this apartment that only allows Comcast in here and go where I can get other TV service. I'm going back to Cavtel for my Internet service or maybe Clear Net. Phone I haven't decided who I'll go to. But, I know it won't be Comcast.
Contributor
speedytaz

I miss spelled the persons name that contacted me on January 12,2012, it was Kenneth Sabol.
Contributor
speedytaz

The problem or my request has not been resolved.
Contributor
speedytaz

Okay, here is the update. On January 24,2012, a tech came out and checked the wiring on the inside of the building, in the apartment and basement and at the end of the building. They said nothing was wrong. I was told by the tech that there were problems with streaming( signals) thru out the area, but Comcast did not know where they originated from,. The best they could do is put a tracer on my line and when there is a disturbance in my line he will receive an email so he can track or trace the interruption. On January 25,2012, I got on my computer and in one hour my Internet was so slow I got frustrated and called the 800 number and asked what was the problem. They told me to go to speedtest.net and check the speed on my computer. It was 1/4 the speed it was suppose to be. I was getting 4.12 Mbps, and they did something from their end and it jumped up to 29.12. It lasted for another hour so I just got off line and turned off my computer and went to sleep. Contacting the Attorney General helped because they transferred me to the Consumer Affairs and I put my verbal complaint to get what results I got. There were some other things that were done by Comcast tech I'm not telling because it would be a lot more typing. Short of it all, they finally got my tv's all 2 now that one box was totally taken from a tv and room working properly for now. Internet and phone are iffy .
Contributor
speedytaz

Okay, here we go again. February 11,2012, thru out the day Comcast triple play not working. Major outage in this area. I know my Internet thru out the last 3 weeks has been interrupted because I had to manually turn on my Nnorton Security and connect to the Internet. I think I'll put in an official written complaint with the Consumer Affair. Try to get compensated for what they don't deliver thru their so called package I have. Reliable Internet and phone. That's what I get for getting the triple play thru Comcast. Unreliability. Their so called tracking sucks because they still haven't traced where the feedback or whatever they're calling the problem is coming from. But, they still bill me for the triple play. I now have about 6 months left, I'm counting down the time left with this unreliable lying company. I'll be going to Best Buy and other Companys that promote Comcast/ X- Finity triple play, and showing them the post from the Comcast Forum. Try to discourage them from purchasing it, or any part of the triple play.
Contributor
speedytaz

Okay, as of February 14,2012, the television were pixelating and my Internet was so slow, called Comcast, they sent a boost to my residents , televisions weren't pixelating as much, Internet did get faster. I still wanted a tech to come out to check wiring again. A tech came out and tightened up the wires on the inside of the apartment and did some test, said everything was fine signal/ streaming all that good stuff. Checked out my Internet and said that was fine asked me when I'd have problems with Internet and tv's , I told him between 10 pm and 5-6 am. The tech said to me this is tax time and people come home from work and get on line , that's why my Internet might have been slow. After I thought about what he said, I thought too many users on line might have caused my Internet to slow down....... hmmm. That tells me that Comcast can't support their customers use of their product. They have insufficient equipment or services to their customers. The tech did sent up my router for me, because I said they suppose to have the fastest and most reliable Internet to where you can run laptops and cell phones and other things all at the same time. If any one folios my post and other post on these forums, you'll see the techs might say anything to make a customer feel like either they are on line at the wrong time when there are too many users or their computers have a problem....