New Visitor

Program guide

can I remove channels I do not receive from the program guide on screen. I have to flip through too many channel to get to the ones I receive?
Regular Problem Solver

Re: Program guide

Have you tried setting up favorites?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Other than using favorites (or purchasing something like a TiVo), there is no current way to limit the channels.
New Visitor

Thanks for your reply. I've just spent an hour online and in front of the TV trying to do exactly what the first person wanted to do--have the Guide only show channels I am signed up for, or have the Guide only show Favorites. So I guess there is no way to do that. I sure hope Comcast is working on that because as they add new channels to the 200-299 range, I forget about them. I usually start at channel 2 and just scroll to channel 100 or so to see what's on. Really, the lack of functionality of the Guide is dumb. Other companies have figured out how to do it! Oh well, I don't mean to call anyone dumb. It's just frustrating. No reply is necessary to this. I just want Comcast to know I'm disappointed.
Regular Problem Solver

If you have a Motorola cable box or of your on-screen guide color is blue, you can set up favorite channels by going to the main mensu (select menu twice on your remote control), then select setup,  then favorite lists setup list, you can add the channels that you want to see and omit the ones that you don't. You can also set up multiple favorites lists (up to 5 per each box) for different people in the home. You would need to do this on each set top.

Found this on comcast.com

http://www.comcast.com/MediaLibrary/1/1/Customers/Customer_Support/Digital_Cable_with_OD/Digital_Cab...

New Visitor

The only reason to leave this feature off that I can imagine is that they want you to see all the programs that you're missing so that you will upgrade your package.

It is frustrating to have to scroll through the channels that you will never watch. When I had Dish, pressing the guide button could be set up to show only subscribed channels with one click. On Demand is nice, but I consider the comcast channel guide a weakness of the service. The search feature should also give the option to search only favorites, or subscribed channels.

I hope Comcast listens and makes the guide more useful before my promotion runs out. Otherwise, I'll go back to Dish.

New Visitor

Do w eget the Husky game at Stanford

. It is listed on channel 415 but it doesn't come in. Whats going on????

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

By "we" you must mean Seattle.  Yes, it's on now if you subscribe to the sports package.