Visitor

Programming Universal Remote to control the DTA box

How can I find a code to program a universal remote to control the DTA box so I don't need the additional comcast remote that came with the box. I have a universal remote that has a code search feature that works the same as the comcast DTA remote (eg input 991 and then sequence thru all codes). I sequenced thru 200+ codes and still did not find one that would control the comcast DTA box.
Contributor
Spacedout

Re: Programming Universal Remote to control the DTA box

If I'm mistaken, I'm sure some of the real Comcast guru's will let you know.

I believe Comcast DTAs use a XMP protocol and the component manufacturer's 3 or 4 digit IR codes won't work. I do know that some of URC's learning remotes can learn the XMP protocol. IMHO, a learning remote is a GREAT product that eliminates the need to have and use IR codes.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

As mentioned, the DTA's are using a new protocol called XMP. Very few universal remotes support it right now. Some upgradeable ones can be updated for it.
New Visitor

is there a manual for the com cast universal remote for download? not the list of codes ,,,all the other little buttons with a picture perhaps.
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

HERE is where to get the manuals and codes for all the Comcast remotes.

New Visitor
bao978

i used my comcast universal remote to control my converter box i set it up on aux and used the code 01982, i might be 3 years too late but this will help others

New Visitor
sq319

not to late at all, just reprogram w/ code you gave, thanx bao