New Visitor
thomha2

RNG110 DATA light on

RNG110 amber DATA light is illuminated on TV cable box. What's it mean? and what do I do?

Recognized Contributor

Re: RNG110 DATA light on

[ Edited ]

Amber Data Light Usually Means You Have Messages Waiting to Be Read.

New Visitor

What button on the remote do I need to access the message when the data light is on?

corgi11 wrote:

Amber Data Light Usually Means You Have Messages Waiting to Be Read.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

With your Comcast remote press

menu

menu

push the OK/select button when you are on messages, and the messages will show up

New Visitor
ersummit

The "menu"; "menu" does not display messages on my Vizio. Is there another way to read the Comcast messages when the "data" light is on (RSN110) ?

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can you see the Menu at all on your TV. If not I would suggest you need to change the TV's Input to that of the Cable Box. If its set to something else you wont see the menu.

Also if your using your remote to control  both the TV and the Box make sure you select the Cable Button on the remote first. I have the same Box and if I have the TV selected on the remote, the menu will not come up.

New Visitor
ersummit

When I have the TV  and RNG110 turned on, then clicking the "menu" the Vizio menu comes on to select options for "picture", "tv" settings, etc.  When I have the RNG110 off and the TV is on, the "user select" menu comes on with no button visible for "messages". Thank you for your interest to be of help.

Recognized Contributor

Right. If your using the Comcast remote, you have buttons at the top for aux,tv ,cable. You need to press the cable button and then the menu button. I am assuming you are using this for the cable box.

New Visitor
ersummit

Got it and can now read the message.  Thank you.