New Visitor
New Visitor
ZD7

RNG110 HELP!

I just recently got one of Comcast's new RNG110 boxes with the HDMI output and after hooking it up to my Sharp LCD TV I now have a problem when I turn Off my TV and then back on - I do not get the Channel Had on the Box - like 736 or 789 Instead my TV turns on to either channel 2603, 99 , or  8 !!  this is very troublesome when I want to do a scheduled recording on my DVD recorder !  Does anyone know what may be causing this?  I have rebooted the system - had a tech come out - my TV works great otherwise - I get all the channels But only when I turn off my TV and back on again the Cable channel does NOT go to the one I was watching !  HELP!!

ZD7

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: RNG110 HELP!

I'd first test it with a set of component cables between the RNG110 and the TV and see if the same thing happens.

You might also want to go into the TV's menu and turn off Aquos Link.

It is the RNG110 changing channels, right?

New Visitor

At least some RNG100 boxes seem defective. Have had 3 bad boxes. Last one would black out picture for a few seconds then return. More of a problem was box giving "CableCard required....." message and requiring reboot(unplug and re plug in). Approx 7 calls and 2 tech visits did not help. 

Solution was replacing RNG100 with new Motorola DCH3200 box-Now all is perfect!

Comcast (Xfinity) support is great, but can't make a bad product good. 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

fredcat wrote:

At least some RNG100 boxes seem defective. Have had 3 bad boxes. Last one would black out picture for a few seconds then return. More of a problem was box giving "CableCard required....." message and requiring reboot(unplug and re plug in). Approx 7 calls and 2 tech visits did not help. 

Solution was replacing RNG100 with new Motorola DCH3200 box-Now all is perfect!

Comcast (Xfinity) support is great, but can't make a bad product good. 

You are posting about a RNG100 which is a Cisco box for Scientific Atlanta Systems, are you really talking about a Pace RNG110 for Motorola systems?  A RNG100 would never work on a Motorola system.

New Visitor

Sorry, 

Yes talking about PACE RNG110 which was replaced by DCH3200. Point is for Xfinity customer to insist on Motorola box if  RNG110 does not work. PACE box appears to have either design defects or quality control problems.