Contributor
Heartman2003

Re: DVR Problem - Recorded show won't delete

I just had the same thing happen to me !   I could not believe I actually found someone else had this problem.  I do NOT want to lose my other recordings ... so I guess I'll just leave the program on my DVR ... but it IS annoying and I do NOT want to save this 30 minute show. 

New Visitor
db14

I called on this problem today.  I have a show that won't delete.  The service rep. said to go to the ! and change the setting to delete 'space as needed'.  Be sure to confirm.  Be sure any shows you want to save are set to 'I delete only'.  Then let your dvr get full to 100% but be sure to monitor it so you don't miss a recording in the process.  Supposedly the last recording or the one set on delete as space needed will be dropped off.  I am going to try this so I don't know if it will work but it is worth the try!!  Comcast can't delete from their end which is so annoying.  I'll come back with the results when it happens or doesn't happen!

Contributor
Heartman2003

I unplugged my cable box for awhile,   then set it back up and I was able to delete the show.  I had already tried under the ! changing the setting to "I delete" and it did not work.   So just unplug the box ,  wait a few minutes,   then plug it back in .... worked for me.

New Visitor
elizeon

Heartman2003's solution worked perfectly, and none of the other programs on the DVR were lost.  Our stuck program was a 2-hour NFL playoff game so it is REALLY good to have that off.  Thanks

Contributor
Heartman2003

Good to hear !!!   Glad it worked !!!   Makes me feel good !   I am NOT anywhere near being a technical person.

Visitor

You were lucky mine is 3 hours of hockey in HD, taking up a huge amount of space, will try the unplug reset, I just hate the longtime it takes for the program guide to comeback. It must have been something on Monday because my show was recorded the same day, weird.
New Visitor

[ Edited ]

I have this exact issue occurring with this week's Body of Proof. No matter how many times I delete it, its still there and watchable. And I've already watched and deleted a few other shows afterwards, so its just the one show for some reason.

I will try the unplug thing once its done recording for the evening. I just better not lose any shows. 

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Unplugging won't lose any programs, and it should take care of the problem one.

New Visitor

It worked and everything is still there. Just waiting for the guide info to re-download.

New Visitor
db14

Thanks for the tip!  I will try it after I've watch my dvr shows.  I'm afraid of losing them.  I recorded on my dvr until it was full and the show still wouldn't delete so that doesn't work.  Thanks to all who responded!  db14

New Visitor
kashton208c

We had this same thing!! An NFL game as well....hummm. And a Monday night. Really weird. Thanks for all the posts - I'm going to try it now...it worked! Brilliant. Thanks all.

New Visitor
Adybaby

Thanks Heartman 2003! Worked perfectly...didn't lose any of my programs. Yes, lost the guide, but I did this right before I went to bed and the guide was back by morning. I had this happen once before and just suffered with the annoyance of the old program being stuck on there for months...now I know!

New Visitor
Mcallister707

My horror story that happend to me I unplugged it then it said dvr disabled call Comcast they couldn't do anything so I lost all my recordings and had to get a new box then had to reprogram all my shows
New Visitor
sirjin

Worked perfect!  Unplugged the dvr for approx. 30 seconds and plugged it in and it worked! Was able to delete the recorded program and all other recorded programs are still there.

New Visitor

Mine is the freakin' Emmys!  178 minutes of pure Hi Def done with it. I'll try the unplugging thing and report...

New Visitor
Ebo305

Worked perfectly! Thanks Heartman2003
New Visitor
weilej

Thanks Heartman2003 : Same problem....they wouldn't delete no matter what....Comcast not helpful....you did the #2 step after is it plugged in?
Contributor
Heartman2003

I'm glad this is working for everyone and nobody lost old shows,  except when Comcast replaced the box.   Weilej ... after you plug it back in,  just go back and delete the program,  it should work.   Now if only my email would work right with Comcast ... having problems with that !

New Visitor
bobf55

I had the same problem with a 90 minute recording. After 10 unsuccessful attempts to delete the recording, I was going to call Comcast for their assistance but  decided to do a google search first and found  Hearland's suggestion. I unplugged the dvr, waited a few minutes, plugged it back and deleted the recording. Thank you, Heartland.

New Visitor
bobf55

Sorry, I meant Heartman.

Contributor
Heartman2003

Glad it worked for you bobf55 !!

Visitor

July 10, 2014 Recorded program will not delete. I unpluged the DVR and waited about 30 seconds. Pluged it back in and was able to delete the recorded program. Hope this helps.