New Visitor
ggomez225
Accepted Solution

Recovering Deleted Program on the DVR

Is it possible to recover a recently deleted program on the DVR?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Recovering Deleted Program on the DVR

No

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
RRrunner

Since the DVR is really a hard drive, the program continues to exist until another one if recorded over it. Comcast and Motorola should enable the ability to go back to deleted programs until they have been recorded over.

Regular Contributor
eggalegga

I agree.  There should be an undelete/restore option.  Even on your desktop you can search through your trash to undelete.  Would be nice of the DVR had that option too.

Contributor
MelloMommy

Equipment -wise they could do it (at least some of the boxes).  I've used the same model I have now with FIOS and they enabled undelete in a software update.  Comcast just does not utilize the full potential of the equipment.